Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Sehsun

Hi everyone,

I found AS a while back and read the threads every once in a while, and then I finally registered as a member not too long ago.

I am a survivor of CSA. I also struggled with depression and anorexia when I was in high school. 10 years after the abuse occurred, I was reading a letter in a teen magazine, and the girl who wrote the letter described her situation, and I thought that I could have written the letter myself. That's when I realized what happened to me 10 years ago. Now I could finally put a name to what happened to me. I was able to break the silence and tell a couple of other adults in my life about my situation.

Since then, it has taken a while for me to heal, but I know I have come a long way. Telling someone was one of the best feelings I have ever had in my life - not an exaggeration. I felt like a huge burden was lifted off my back. One of the things I want throughout the rest of my life is help others who have been through what I have been through and support them in any way that I can.

This is a great forum!

- Iris

welcome to AS :hug:

Welcome to After Silence, Iris! I'm glad you're coming out of lurkdom and joining us :)

It's great that you've been able to share with others and that this has been such a relief for you. I hope that AS will be a place where you can find more support and more healing.

Hi and welcome to AS, reading your post brought tears to my eyes, that is happy tears, im so glad you had the strenght and courage to share your story with other people, i really hope you continue with that strenght... take care and i hope to see you around

Angel x

Hi and Welcome to AS :flowers:

I hope you find what you are looking for here. Feel sure you will, this is a wonderful healing place and its chock-a-block with support and caring people. Take care and look forward to seeing you around.

Love and hugs

Bewitched :aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AfterSilence :flowers:

I'm glad you have come here for some healing, and I hope I can help :hug:

Please feel free to PM me anytime :)

Take gentle care,

John