Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Little Scared...

Hi Everyone,

My name will remain DancinGirl, I chose that name because one day I believe I will dance again & try to truly live...even after so many years since I was sa at age 11 & 12, I find myself just starting to try to deal with the aftermath & it is hard to face the reality of how it has really affected my life here at age 27 (yikes)...

Anyway, I thought I would see what was up & perhaps try & make some sense of everything.

DG

WElcome to AS I am glad you have decided to join us

:aswelcomesu::notalone:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad

welcome to AS

Hi :flowers: and welcome to AS, DG. I'm around the same age 28 and just started "dealing" with my SA a little over a yr ago. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Again welcome.

Wow Thanks Everyone!

I'm overwhelmed to even try and discover where to begin with everything -- I don't know if I even should really be here -- It seems like everything is kind of spinning & I don't know what's normal or what's not normal with trying to deal with everything. Gosh, I feel like I'm sinking -- But sometimes I think, I've made it this far, I must be able to make it even further. Where does a person begin? Most of me just wants to run away & hide...

DG

Edited by DancinGirl

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here with the rest of us but having said that, I'm glad that you are here. I hope that you will find this site as helpful and supportive as I have. Know that we are all just as scared as you and know the pain that you are feeling. I am here if you need me.

Hi dancing girl and a warm welcome to you :wave:

Don't worry - think we were all scared on first joining. That will soon disappear when you find out what a caring and supportive community this is. Just look around to get the feel of it, then post, or respond to posts when you are ready. Hope you find what you seek here.

See you around the boards.

Love and hugs :bighug:

Bewitched

Hi DG,

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am glad that you have reached out to AfterSilence, it is a wonderful community to be apart of, and AS has personally helped me a-lot in my healing journey.

There are many forum here, which focus on many different parts of healing, and they are all very healing places to share your experiences and the effect that has had on your life, everyone is so supportive :)

I'm very sorry for what has brought you here from when you where 11 and 12, but I am glad that you have come here to seek support - I am looking forward to getting to know you in the forum site and chat rooms soon :)

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John