Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I'm New Here

Guest SLS101284

Guest SLS101284

Hi everyone. My name is Sarah, I am 20 years old and am a survivor of sorts. As this isn't the place for stories I won't get into it here, but I am finally coming to terms to what happened to me as a child. Unfortunately as this has happened I have lost my boyfriend and have no support system to help me through this tough time.

(((((Sarah)))))

Im sorry that you lost your boyfriend and your support system honey, thats such an awful, lonely feeling. Your not alone though, many years back i also had no support system whatsoever. But i slowly began to reach out, which by posting you are too.

So good for you for doing so and welcome to the board. :)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry that you do not have a support system right now. Hopefully AS will be helpful to you. It has been for most of us. If you need to talk, I'm here for you. Hope you are doing well and just taking one day or one hour at a time.

Lynz

Dear Sarah,

I am truly sorry to hear what has happened to you. Let me extend my hugs and gratitude for your arrival. I know you must feel a little nervous right now. I was in the beginning as most of us were. Let me assure you this place is for shareing your story, it's for shareing everything about your life, it's about the aftermath, the nightmares, the creativity, the anger, everything that shapes and molds us as human beings, as woman and men, and mostly as Survivors. Because we are the Thriving force that will make the change in society by releasing the silence from within us. We value your voice and I want you to know it takes time and patience to tell your story. And when you are ready we will be ready to listen to you okay sweetie? Because right now you need support, genuinely. To release the demons from within. And there are many other ways of expressing yourself before you jump right in to it for example you can write us a poem, you can talk about a nightmare, or you can seek our guidance from other Survivors and learn from their expiriences. You can do almost anything to heal, we have a wonderful support group here. Welcome to 'After Silence'!

Love, Haullie :hug:

(((((Sarah))))

welcome to After Silence. I'm really sorry you have a reason to be here, I wish no one ever needed to be here, but I'm glad to be able to offer you my support and friendship. You don't have to go through this all by yourself, you deserve support and I hope this community will be able to give you all the support that you deserve.

Even though we can't replace the support that all survivors should have by their families and friends, we are always here to listen. Don't hesitate to reach out for help, we are here for you. :hug:

Hugs,

Vera

welcome hugs :hug:

hope u find all the support u need here :throb:

Welcome to AS, I hope that being part of this wonderful place can help you in some small way.. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

HI Sarah

Welcome to the board honey, I'm sorry for everything you have been through and that you dont have any support. I dont have any support either and I know how lonely it can be but I'm glad you found the board

hugs :hug:

Sasha

Guest AllisonY2K

((((Sarah))))

Welcome to AS, hun. You have a support system here. :hug::hug:

We're here for you. I hope you find AS as supportive and caring as I have, since I didn't have much support either until I came here. :)