Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Feeling Unworthy

Jannacle

Hello,

I am new. After reading some people's stories I feel like mine is so undeserving of even being a member here. I have been effected very badly but I feel like my acquaintance rape seems so minor in comparison to someone who was systematically abused for years by a family member. I have always struggled with feeling that I sort of deserved it. Is there anywhere that I can talk to someone more like me? I don't feel like I can even compare myself to people who have been through so much.

Jannacle

Hi Jannacle,

Welcome!! :)

Your story matters, just as anyone else's does too. Wether you have been abused for years on end, or have been raped once, it all comes down to the same thing. We all hurt, we all have to cope somehow and we all need to heal. All members are worthy members. No matter what the story is. :) Pls don't feel like you don't belong here just b/c your story might be different.... There's more members here with different stories..... In fact..... All stories are different from the next, b/c the trauma is so very personal and everyone reacts differently. So, I suppose you do belong. :wink: I hope you feel at home soon.

:hug: = if ok?

Jo

Hi and welcome to AS :hi:

You definitely deserve to be here. We all do. Trauma is trauma, and it all hurts. All of us have a lot of pain that we deserve to heal from. Whether you were raped once or abused for years, it's all horrible.

I'm sorry you have a need to be here at all, please know we are here for you as you heal.

Take care of yourself :hug:

Welcome.

I second what AmyLyn has said. You deserve to be here. No one's story is deserves to be told more than anyone elses. We all have stories, they are just different. Please don't feel discouraged. Find your voice, and tell your story.

:butterfly:

welcome to AS :hug:

Welcome..... :)

Thanks everyone. This is very new to me. Maybe I'll just "listen" for a while. Happened when i was 15. I'm 38. I thought I was O.K. but I'm not.

Rape is certainly not a minor thing, and you should not feel that it is. Please feel welcome here, however you wish to participate. We're here to share, not to compare scars, as it were.

Take care,

B.

Hi Jannacle

Welcome to AS. :aswelcomesu: I am so glad you found as, but am so sorry for the reasons why. This is a lovely place to be and heal. Just like everyone has said, your story is just as important as anyone else's here. You have been violated and it is how you feel that is important here OK. I hope I can be of some help to you in your healing.

Its very common for things to come back at you later in life, so rest assured you are not alone.

I look forward to catching up with you.

Love and hugs :bighug:

Bewitched

Welcome..... :)

Thanks everyone. This is very new to me. Maybe I'll just "listen" for a while. Happened when i was 15. I'm 38. I thought I was O.K. but I'm not.

Hey there and Welcome to AfterSilence,

AS is a wonderful place, where every survivor deserves to come here and you definitely deserve to be here. AS is a survivors sanctuary where we can all heal, and we would love you to be apart of our community :hug:

We don't compare one members story again another members, we are all survivors, and we all heal :hug:

I hope you do become part of our community and gain some healing because you surely do deserve to :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John

Hi Jannacle

Welcome to AS :) I often feel like I dont belong here because what happened to me was fairy minor compared to other people's but I've been told over and over that I was hurt and I deserve to heal and the same goes for you. I'm sorry you were hurt, it's horrible when you think you're ok and it suddenly hits you. Im sure you will get lots of support here

love

Shelby

Edited by Shelby