Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

chuck173

Hello,

I am a 50 year old man who with the help of going to a therapist (originally for relationship concerns) for a couple of months now have discovered I was sexually abuse, physically abuse, and psychologically abused as a child. I was abused by my parents (physical and psychological) and adults who took advantage of young children (sexually).

I have no feelings, I'm just numb. My therapist said my parents abandoned me and whenever someone showed an interest in me (because I was abandoned by my parents) I was their prey. So far I have remembered several episodes from my past and I still have a huge block of time I can't account for. At this point it's not a priority for me to be concerned about finding out what happened during that time period. I have told a couple of people besides my therapist about the abuse and I know I should feel better after telling my story but I don't because I'm still numb.

I glad there is this website because I feel I could spend at least two hours a week with my therapist instead of an hour. My time with her goes by so fast.

Chuck

Hi and welcome to AS!

I'm sorry for what you have been through. I felt numb for many, many years and still cannot account for many pieces of my past. You are not alone and I hope that you find some support and comfort here.

:flowers:

Skye.

Hello Chuck and welcome to AS. :wave:

I'm sorry for the reasons you are here, but am glad for you that you have found us. Yu are safe here and you will be amongst friends. Take your time, look around to get the feel of it. I'm sure you have already seen how wonderful people are here just judging by their posts and replies. Look forward to seeing you around. Take little steps at a time Chuck OK.

Bewitched

welcome to AS :hug:

:hi: Chuck....So sorry you had to find the site, but i really hope you find all the support and understanding you so deserve here, so a big welcome to AS, i hope to see you around

Angel x

Hi Chuck,

I am also a Male survivor. I am very sorry for what has brought you here, but I am glad that you have reached out to AfterSilence to gain some healing, I think it is a very important step you have taken in your healing journey and I hope that it helps you :up:

Please know we are here to help, and that we do care, I am looking forward to getting to know you on the website soon, and I hope I can help in your healing.

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime :)

John

Hi Chuck,

I too am a male survivor of childhod sexual abuse. In fact, we have about everything you wrote in common. Including being new here. I'm glad you are able to be here and wish you the best in the difficult work of healing.

You have friends here. And you are not alone.

Hi Chuck, welcome to AS I hope you find everything you are looking for here. Take Care my friend.