Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So I'm New Here.

Well I'm just getting over a trial and a setencing. It's making everything come back. I'm not sure where to start to get my life back from his grasp. Even though he's no longer here to control me and I've moved on I just don't know where to start. It's been 2 years since I seen him without shackles on. Foster parents are suppose to take you in and make life better than it was not the other way around. His wife still won't admit it... I just have to get this off my chest for once. My husband is very supportive but it's hard to talk to him about what's happened. I don't want him to look at me like I'm "damaged" or anything. He's too good of a person for that. It's just me being paranoid. I'm pregnant 11 weeks to be exact and that's the main reason I know I need to heal. I have a baby to think about now...
Hi and welcome to AS. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You are so brave for taking this to court. :hug: Hope you find what you are after here at AS.

kylie

Well thank you very much. I didn't really take it to court. My best friend who he did it to as well told and I felt like I couldn't let her go at it alone. To be honest I might have been weak enough to take it to my grave but it feels good to have that control finaly. Thanks again...

Hiya, and welcome to AS

First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy, and on getting him locked up. Even though you didn't initially take it to court, you had the courage to help him be locked up and I think thats incredible. It takes a lot of strength, perhaps even more because it wasn't initially your choice.

I hope that we can begin to help things settle down for you and you can start to heal, especially as you are expecting. AS is a great place to talk about things and get advice or help or support.

Please feel free to PM me if you need anything :)

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi Createxmyxsoul,

Welcome!! :)

Congrats on the pregnancy! I don't think it's weak to not initiate court procedings, a lot of survivors never take this to court, and for others it didn't go well, or it did go well. The fact remains that you had a hand in the conviction, and that, my dear, is awesome! :hug:

Feel free to browse around the site, and I hope you feel at home here soon! :)

:hug:

Jo

welcome to AS!!! i am so glad that you found us!!

i am proud of you for reporting what happened to you! i admire your courage. talk to you soon.

Jill

Thank you very much. Hopefully soon I will be able to get the blame off my shoulders. It means alot to be with people who understand.

Hi there and Welcome to AfterSilence,

I can relate very much to you feeling like damaged goods, I often worry about telling my girlfriends too much and she will see me as damaged, and even though she doesn't it is stills something that I worry about constantly, so I can totally relate on that level. However none of us are broken or damaged, you aren't broken or damaged at all. You have been hurt, but I promise you that you can heal from that.

I am very sorry for what you have been though and what you have experienced, but I am glad that you have reached out to AfterSilence for healing, and please know we are here to help you and support you through you healing :bighug: I am looking forward to seeing you in the forum site and chat room soon, and I hope I can help in your healing in some way, please feel free to PM me anytime. :hug:

Please take gentle care of yourself :flowers:

John

welcome to AS :hug:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad