Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

welcome to AS sweetie.

we're all here to support you.

squishy hugs :bighug:

Hey Karilynn,

First of all, whatever happened to you was definitely NOT your fault. One of the cruelest tricks of recovery is that not only are we (statistically) blamed by those who are supposed to help us, but we also blame ourselves. We make a lot of bargain claims, questions and curses of "If only..."

It was not your fault. It never is.

Second, it's okay not to tell your story yet. However, I hope you can learn that this is a safe space and when you are ready to share, we will be here ready to listen and support you. There are no judgments here, only love and compassion.

Welcome to AS!

:hug:

Sincerely,

Ashley-Michelle

Hi Karilynn,

Take all the time you need to get settled in here. There's no pressure on when and how to tell your story. That decision is yours, and yours alone. :) There's absolutely NOTHING that would put the blame on you, no matter what you did or didn't do say, try etc....... Feel free to talk as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. We are here to support you. :)

:hug: = if ok?

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

thank you all so much. i have felt so alone since i was raped. the man who raped me is a well respected dr & i was working for him & i feel like if i tell no one will believe me. he said no one would, so i stayed quiet as long as i could.

I'm glad that you've found AS. I hope you find the support you're looking for here, and that you can muster up the strength you need to continue moving forward and healing.

Christina

karilynn2008

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am very sorry for what you have experienced, please know we are here to support you through your healing.

AS is a wonderful place to be apart of, and has personally helped me alot, and I am glad you have reached out to AS, we are here for you :hug: I am looking forward to getting to know you on our chat room and forum site soon, and I hope that I can help in your healing, :bighug: feel free to PM me anytime hun :flowers:

Please take gentle care :hug:

John

Hi Karilynn and welcome

I'm so sorry this happened to you but I am pleased you found AS. This is a wonderfully healing and supportive community. Together we will help you heal. Take your time, look around and post when you are hready. feel free to pm me any time you like.

Love and hugs :bighug::bighug:

bewitched

thank you all so much. i have felt so alone since i was raped. the man who raped me is a well respected dr & i was working for him & i feel like if i tell no one will believe me. he said no one would, so i stayed quiet as long as i could.

:console: welcome here karilynn, please know you have found a soft place to land. :console:

you are not alone. safe hugs if ok:bighug:

Hi Karilynn2008,

Welcome to AS.

I hope you will find a save place here.