Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Can't Get Into Chat Etc

I feel so embarrassed, I'm having problems in getting into chat and still having problems with my emoticons not moving; I should know the answers myself as I deal a lot in computing but I can't come up with the answers. I can only think it must be something to do with my security system.

I only started to have problems after I picked up a trojan some time last year and had to clear down my computer and rebuild and put on extra security. My security seems pretty good now but I'm wondering if it is interfering with the software on AS and stopping access somehow.

I've cleaned down cookies, cleared cache, etc and the usual things you do but it still doesn't work. I'd be more than grateful if anybody has got any ideas how to sort this out.

Atlantis :):blush:

Hi Atlantis

If you pm me with exactly what happenes when you try to access chat I might be able to go through the check list with you.

best wishes

karen

Hi Jo,

Yes I hope it works too. I'm going to be working on it today - thank you also Karen. If I find what's going on I'll let you know in case it happens to anyone else. You take care.

Atlantis

I can't access chat either. When I go in, it just has a blank screen and I can't see anything. I did notice on the main page of AS it shows that I am in chat, so if my name is showing up, people are thinking I'm very rude! :(

I can't access chat either. When I go in, it just has a blank screen and I can't see anything. I did notice on the main page of AS it shows that I am in chat, so if my name is showing up, people are thinking I'm very rude! :(

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with the chat. Please do send a PM to either dodo or Macey. They are the most knowledgeable about the Chat and should be able to help you find a solution. :flowers:

Hi Jessie,

Apologies for not getting back to you on this. Karen helped me get this sorted out. the problem was actually down to my ZoneAlarm which stopping me getting into the Chat room. If you've got Zone Alarm installed for anti-virus and firewall protection, select Privacy and then the Site List tab. If the aftersilence forum is not already listed then add it and then make sure that Mobile Code (especially this one as it was this that seemed to make it work), Session Cookies, Persistent Cookies, and 3rd Party Cookies are all enabled. Then you should be able to get into Chat.

Atlantis

last night i was in chat and I kept loosing connection. Then when I tried to get back in it said please contact the administrator of the board for access to chat. i have never seen that before. I tried several times and every time was given that message. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for your time :)

Hi sad

I would first clear cookies

got to

tools

internet options

about half way down you will see it says

delete

then in turn delete

files

cookies

history

see if that works and pm me if not - sometimes I get the same worning if if try to access soemthing too quickly = and it will say wait so many seconds - often I just have to close the board and then try again - so perhaps try that too if the above does not work

best wishes

karen