New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

I Am New Here

Hi

I am new and I am still having trouble getting the validation email which means I cannot look at all forums or even online chats. Very frustrating.

Anyway I am just curious if anyone uses a workbook called the courage to heal (yellow covered one)

I bought one last year but I barely started on it.

Bear

Hey Bear and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry you can't get the validation email, :hug: - When someone from Admin seeing this post, I am sure they will fix it up for you :)

Welcome to Aftersilence, :hug:

I am sorry for what has brought you here to AS, but I am also glad that you have come here for some healing, that is very brave of you :bighug:

I am looking forward to seeing you in forum site, and chat room soon :bighug:

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime :bighug:

John

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

I am sure someone will be in touch with you soon concerning the e-mail

best wishes

karen

Thanks -

I am still frustrated because I am new and in my own thoughts - often I think negatively - that noone cares but I know that is not true :(

bear

Hi Bearhug4u,

Welcome!! :)

We do care, hun, this is a caring and supporting community. I'm sure the email prob will be helped as soon as admin comes online. For the chat, however, you will need 25 + 1 posts to be able to join. In the meantime, hun, keep on posting and talking to us, you're not alone. :)

:hug:

Jo

Thanks Jo

I didn't realise that until I read one of the forums re chat room.

It is so frustrating - I have to work hard to get enough posts to pass with flying colours.

It is like I am outside the room full of survivors looking out for each others and talking,

I am behind the thick wall - putting letters under the door for support etc, until 25 + posts then the door opens.

A

Hi,

Being outside the chatroom doesn't mean we don't look out for you as well, hun. All members are valuable here, old and new. :) You are about half way, did you notice that? 25 + 1 posts is really not that much, but it does give you time to get to know the boards and its members, and us to get to know you as well. :) It's all good, hun, you'll be there before you know it. :flowers: Posting and chat are both important, hun.... There's live chat and posts, one takes a bit longer to get replies, but the sentiment remains the same, which would be sharing and being cared about. Just hang in there, ok?

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Thanks again :)

By the way I like your bear with the heart. Cute

I am looking for a care bear stuffie toy for my lil part inside. She was asking me the other day that she wanted me to buy one for her as I never got her anything but other things like picture books, crayons, but this time she is asking for a care bear.

She wanted one to cuddle at night before going to bed.

I am still working on getting to know the lil part - even most of the time I ignore her needs but I am trying my best not to (I just don't admit that she is part of me)

A

Hi,

Thank you, I thought the bear with the heart was cute too. :)

Getting your lil part a care bear would be awesome! She might feel safer at night when she has one. She needs your protection, I think, so working on getting to know her would be good. Good luck!

Jo

Hi Tikka

Many thanks for the welcome - yeah it has to be done manually by one of the admin person Vera.

I resend the validation like 6 or 8 times!

A

Welcome to After Silence, bearhug :flowers:

I hope you got your validation sorted out?

Anyhow, there are many members here who have worked with the Courage to Heal and the workbook. I think we have various threads on it which I am sure a search would produce. As for chatting, 25 posts isn't a lot, but it gives us a chance to know you and you a chance to know us :)

Nicole :throb:

:):) Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the reply - I got over 25 posts and sorted out.

Now for The Courage to Heal - I haven't heard any replies re it yet.

I am interested in using that book with another survivors and discussing together etc.

Smiles, and thanks for the warm welcome.

A