Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New Here

Hi

I am new and I am still having trouble getting the validation email which means I cannot look at all forums or even online chats. Very frustrating.

Anyway I am just curious if anyone uses a workbook called the courage to heal (yellow covered one)

I bought one last year but I barely started on it.

Bear

Hey Bear and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry you can't get the validation email, :hug: - When someone from Admin seeing this post, I am sure they will fix it up for you :)

Welcome to Aftersilence, :hug:

I am sorry for what has brought you here to AS, but I am also glad that you have come here for some healing, that is very brave of you :bighug:

I am looking forward to seeing you in forum site, and chat room soon :bighug:

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime :bighug:

John

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

I am sure someone will be in touch with you soon concerning the e-mail

best wishes

karen

Thanks -

I am still frustrated because I am new and in my own thoughts - often I think negatively - that noone cares but I know that is not true :(

bear

Hi Bearhug4u,

Welcome!! :)

We do care, hun, this is a caring and supporting community. I'm sure the email prob will be helped as soon as admin comes online. For the chat, however, you will need 25 + 1 posts to be able to join. In the meantime, hun, keep on posting and talking to us, you're not alone. :)

:hug:

Jo

Thanks Jo

I didn't realise that until I read one of the forums re chat room.

It is so frustrating - I have to work hard to get enough posts to pass with flying colours.

It is like I am outside the room full of survivors looking out for each others and talking,

I am behind the thick wall - putting letters under the door for support etc, until 25 + posts then the door opens.

A

Hi,

Being outside the chatroom doesn't mean we don't look out for you as well, hun. All members are valuable here, old and new. :) You are about half way, did you notice that? 25 + 1 posts is really not that much, but it does give you time to get to know the boards and its members, and us to get to know you as well. :) It's all good, hun, you'll be there before you know it. :flowers: Posting and chat are both important, hun.... There's live chat and posts, one takes a bit longer to get replies, but the sentiment remains the same, which would be sharing and being cared about. Just hang in there, ok?

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Thanks again :)

By the way I like your bear with the heart. Cute

I am looking for a care bear stuffie toy for my lil part inside. She was asking me the other day that she wanted me to buy one for her as I never got her anything but other things like picture books, crayons, but this time she is asking for a care bear.

She wanted one to cuddle at night before going to bed.

I am still working on getting to know the lil part - even most of the time I ignore her needs but I am trying my best not to (I just don't admit that she is part of me)

A

Hi,

Thank you, I thought the bear with the heart was cute too. :)

Getting your lil part a care bear would be awesome! She might feel safer at night when she has one. She needs your protection, I think, so working on getting to know her would be good. Good luck!

Jo

Hi Tikka

Many thanks for the welcome - yeah it has to be done manually by one of the admin person Vera.

I resend the validation like 6 or 8 times!

A

Welcome to After Silence, bearhug :flowers:

I hope you got your validation sorted out?

Anyhow, there are many members here who have worked with the Courage to Heal and the workbook. I think we have various threads on it which I am sure a search would produce. As for chatting, 25 posts isn't a lot, but it gives us a chance to know you and you a chance to know us :)

Nicole :throb:

:):) Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the reply - I got over 25 posts and sorted out.

Now for The Courage to Heal - I haven't heard any replies re it yet.

I am interested in using that book with another survivors and discussing together etc.

Smiles, and thanks for the warm welcome.

A