Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! I'm New!

Hello Everyone! :)

My name is wondervale and I have just joined this forum.

I am not new to the healing process: I am a healing survivor of anal rape and rape by the man I was living with at the age of 22, 3 years ago. :sadang: I think I will share my story very soon. I have already shared my story with my therapist and with myself several times. I am not ashamed of what happened to me. :blush:

This phylosophy has not come up easily: I have suffered severe PTSD for 6 months, from January to July 2007 :( and I am still in the process of healing, everyday working on it!!

I decided to join this forum to reach out to other survivors who are going through recovery: you are not alone and you will make it through!! You will come out the other end of this tunnel and you will see the sun again!! :youcanheal::notalone:

Safe hugs to everyone, if okay!! :hug::hug:

Hi wondervale,

Welcome to AS! It is a wonderful place to access support, love and healing with other survivors who understand. I, too, was sodomized at age 22. Although it was not by a partner, it was by someone I trusted very much.

You have a very inspired strength about you and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Sharing your story in this space can be scary but also very therapeutic. You deserve kudos for your bravery in sharing wiht your therapist and coming to grips with the reality that the violence you suffered was NOT your fault. You're on your way to thriver!

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to PM a mod and ask--we're here to help create a safe space for you.

Welcome wondervale!

I'm glad you are here! You will find a very supportive group of people here!

:aswelcomesu:

Hello....I look forward to reading all your stories and experiences........I am also a survivor.......I haven't done counseling yet.....I have read books....etc....I've tried therapy ......but it has never resonated with me.......I've decided to try again.... :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I have to agree with my co-mod, Ashley-Michelle, your strength and words are inspiring. You certainly should not be ashamed because you did nothing wrong. I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary and still suffer symptoms of PTSD, but it has lessened over the years and I have learned many necessary tools for dealing with it.

I also look forward to hearing more from you!

Nicole :throb:

Hey there and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Thank-you for your offers of support :flowers: - They are very nice.

I am sorry for what has brought you here to AfterSilence, but I am glad that you are seeking support here at AS, and also offering it, which I believe is an important for of healing, and allow us to make those connection with people so that we are able to make AfterSilence the great community it is :)

I agree with you signature where it says: "The big turn around you make in your head is from victim to survivor by Tori Amos", I think the mindset we are in has a-lot to do with how effectively we heal, and you seem to have a very proactive mindset to healing :)

I am looking forward to seeing you in the forums and in chat room, :hug:

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime if you ever want anyone to talk to or have any concerns :flowers:

John

Hello and welcome to AS