Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

Hello there. I'm never good at these first posts. So here goes nothing. My name is Katie. I'm a survivor. I am in my early 20s and have a good job, but can't seem to shake the things from my past. I worry they'll start interfering with this life that I've built for myself.

About me? I live alone and adore my independence. I'm a theater person... currently in a local comedy performance. I'm musical... like to sing and play piano. Want to learn the African drums. I'm creative... like to draw, write, create slam poetry. I'm outdoorsy... like to hike, take long walks, sit by the river/waterfall/beach, climb trees, etc.

I'm sure there's more. Ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer.

:hi: snowflake

Im new 2!.This site is provin really useful 2 me as i didnt realise thats so many pepole out there who understand wot u r goin thru.I hope like me it will enable u 2 take a step in the rite direction.I see u have many hobies and that will help 2 distract u from the negative thoughts we all have.I play the bass guitar,sing,draw,dance and read read read!!!!!at the moment my thoughts are distractin me from doin all these things i njoy so try and remain focused and see yourself as a very talented young woman who has a lot to offer and acheive.Gud luck wiv it all and hope 2 hear how u r gettin on and everyone is here 2 support u wen times arnt gud,its helped me a lot and ive only been a member for 2 weeks!Take care

Jules1 :up::up::hug::hug:

thank you all for the warm welcome! it really does mean the world to me. it's weird to start in a new site... especially one that's this sensitive in nature. but it seems a very positive, supportive community. i look forward to getting to know you all!

:hi: Snowflake,

Welcome!! :)

This is a nice and caring group of people, and I hope you feel at home here soon. :) Take your time looking around etc... No pressure here, you can do things in your own time and when you are ready. You're not alone, we're all here to support each other. :flowers:

Jo

Welcome Katie!

I'm glad you are here. I'm a theater person too! :bighug:

Hey, my name is Addie! We have a lot of things in common... I LOVE theater!! and I sing, play piano, violin, bass, guitar, and several other instruments. I take really long walks with my dog Payton everyday. And I love to write... not necessarily about anything just journaling or whatever poetry seems to come out of my mind randomly. And I read all the time.

So, anyway... welcome!!! I hope this site helps you as much as it has me. Even when I couldn't be post here, or rather didn't feel safe posting, I was still able to sign in and read. It helps knowing that I'm not the only one going through this stuff.

Welcome to After Silence, snowflake :flowers:

I am sorry for what brings you here to us. My memories all hit me in my early 20's and life as I knew it became something foreign and seemingly impossible. I thought I would never get through it, but I have, and better than I ever imagined. This is an amazing place for support, it quite literally saved me.

I am also a theater person! I have been involved in dance all my life and I have always been cast in shows as a dancer. I am currently crossing over into my first dancing/ singing/ acting role in the musical Chicago. It is nice to meet a fellow thespian :)

Nicole :throb:

Hi there Snowflake,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

You sound like a wonderful person, and I am sorry for what has happened to you, but am glad that you have come to AfterSilence for some healing, AfterSilence is a wonderful sanctuary that survivors can come to so they can seek some healing, and we also have some healing through creativity sections in the forums which I am sure you will enjoy :)

I look forward to getting to know you in the forums site and chat soon, and until then please take care, and if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to then feel free to PM anytime :flowers:

:bighug:

John.

Hello there. I'm never good at these first posts. So here goes nothing. My name is Katie. I'm a survivor. I am in my early 20s and have a good job, but can't seem to shake the things from my past. I worry they'll start interfering with this life that I've built for myself.

About me? I live alone and adore my independence. I'm a theater person... currently in a local comedy performance. I'm musical... like to sing and play piano. Want to learn the African drums. I'm creative... like to draw, write, create slam poetry. I'm outdoorsy... like to hike, take long walks, sit by the river/waterfall/beach, climb trees, etc.

I'm sure there's more. Ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Hi Katie! I am new as well. I also love tribal drums, writing and slam poetry as well as being outdoors. I certainly can't sing nor play any musical instrument...lol. You are an incredibly talented young lady. It looks like we just might have stumbled upon a wonderful place to heal and I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the wonderful people here at AS.

May we all heal together!!

Love and Light,

~jaded1

Wow, I'm excited to have you here. I'm also an independant spirit driven by theatre, music, nature, and slam poetry-- nice to meet someone her on AS with similar interests! I could have written that post... :blink:

Welcome to AS, I hope you find this message board to be as helpful as it has been for me.

[ " 'Hope' is the thing with feathers--/ That perches in the soul--/ And sings the tune without the words--/ And never stops--at all--" ] -Emily Dickinson

Take gentle care. PM me anytime.

-Elle

wow - thank you for all the support! it's really nice to see so many thespians here! and other african drummers? wow! that's wonderful. :) i'll be a bit more active now that i'm home - was away on a conference for work. i look forward to getting to know each of you through AS. you each sound like fabulous individuals!