Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone, I'm New Here :)

Hi everyone, I am new here and really nervous and still trying to figure out how this works, this is the first ever message board I have participated in. I'm not really sure what to say. Thank you so much for this opportunity via this website, I am so grateful to have found a site like this. I am just starting my healing process from my past. I am a survivor of child molestation and incest. I'm not sure if I will be posting my story or not, I am still just beginning to come to terms with my abuse, instead of ignoring it, I can't ignore it anymore, as an adult, as I am finally understanding what happened, I am just so confused and want to heal. Thank you again for this website!

Welcome to After Silence, anonymousprincess. :hug:

I wish you didn't have a reason to be here, but I'm glad that you could find us. It is normal to feel nervous, especially if this is your first experience with an online support group. Please know that there is no pressure to share your story. Some of our long time members haven't shared their stories yet and it is absolutely up to you to decide if and when you want to share it. We are here for you, and support is available at any time.

It takes courage to look into your past and stop pretending that nothing happened, and I'm proud of you for joining us and reaching out. You can and deserve to heal, and I hope that After Silence will provide you with the encouragement and validation you need. :tealribbon:

Welcom to AS <3

i hope you find this website as healing as it should be!

pm me anytime :hug:

Nina

i'm so glad that you are here. you can post whenever you are ready. you are not alone! i look forward to getting to know you.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Thank you so much. It truly makes me feel better to know that I am not alone and that there is somewhere where I can relate to others. I look forward to getting to know you as well! Thank you for your response! :hug:

Welcome to After Silence, anonymousprincess. :hug:

I wish you didn't have a reason to be here, but I'm glad that you could find us. It is normal to feel nervous, especially if this is your first experience with an online support group. Please know that there is no pressure to share your story. Some of our long time members haven't shared their stories yet and it is absolutely up to you to decide if and when you want to share it. We are here for you, and support is available at any time.

It takes courage to look into your past and stop pretending that nothing happened, and I'm proud of you for joining us and reaching out. You can and deserve to heal, and I hope that After Silence will provide you with the encouragement and validation you need. :tealribbon:

Thank you! I also wish I didn't have a reason to be here and I am also truly grateful that I found AS! Thank you also for making me feel so comfortable here as well. This is all so very difficult and it's very comforting to know that there are others I can relate to. Thank you so very much for your response! :hug:

Hey there, :hug:

Welcome to AfterSilence, I also wish you didn't have a reason to be here, but I am glad, and think it is very brave of you that you have come here to seek support, and I understand what it feels like to be nervous because when I first joined AfterSilence I was also very nervous, but I found such wonderful people here, that are so accepting that I don't feel nervous anymore, and I am sure over time you also will gain confidence being here. :bighug:

I am looking forward to seeing you in the site and chat room soon, :bighug: and I hope that we are able to help you heal because that is what we are here for :)

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to, :bighug:

John.

Welcome, we're glad to have you here at AS. I think you'll find we're a very friendly group of survivors! It's never too late to come out about abuse. Thank you for your strength!

I hope you'll visit chat and our message boards as you heal. Don't feel pressured to post your story, do what is best for you and your healing process.

Glad to have you! Feel free to PM me anytime you need to chat :D

-Elle

Hi princess :hi:

Just wanted to add my welcome too. The support here is amazing, do post as you feel comfortable. You are certainly not alone, and there are many of us here who can relate to a lot of what you are dealing with and feeling.

Nicole :throb:

Hi princess :hi:

Just wanted to add my welcome too. The support here is amazing, do post as you feel comfortable. You are certainly not alone, and there are many of us here who can relate to a lot of what you are dealing with and feeling.

Nicole :throb:

Thank you so much Nicole! I have been super busy with the start of school, but will be working up to posting more soon, I am hoping. Thank you again for making me feel so welcomed! :thanks: