Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Im A Newbie

i was sexually molested by my mothers husband, from about 8 to 13..........she never wantd to believe it............for sooooooo many years i just had to live with the fact that i knew he would get my sister too i tried to save her when i could, but nonetheless it still happened.............my mom...she never wanted to believe it but after all these years (26 now) she found an email account where he was trying to meet women....she made him leave. i was pissed. after all that he did to me and others im sure that is what made her sick enough to start sleeping on the couch............anyway how i ended up posting here???? she now wants to talk about it, she now wants to know, believes and finds it hard to but says she wants to, remember. so now i dont know what to do...i guess dredging everything up has sparked a need to make things righ, press charges. she has started counseling and my sister finally told her too. woah!!! i never thought i would hear her say the words, i believe you. its great..i think. the really bad thing???? now that i want to do the right thing and i dont have to prtend for her anymore.. i work for him...........he is how i support my family.........what to do....what to do... he still doesnt know yet that she believes me now, or that she knows about my sis.... they are having a meeting to night and she is going to confront him.......possibly. so i am a survivor of being molested by my stepfather, my mother never dealing with it, teenage pregnancy and child birth [not by him], and i.v. drug addiction to cocaine and pain pills [celebrating my third year of being sober]

I'm very sorry for the trauma you experienced. Hopefully things are able to reach a healthy resolution, even after so much time has passed.

Hope you find some comfort on these boards,

B.

Welcome to AS. :) I am proud of you for your 3 years of sobriety. :hug:

Although I am glad that your mom is now believing you, I am more concerned that everything is done to take care of you during this time. YOU are what is important in this situation. :hug:

~Kelly

Welcome to AS and Kelly has written exactly what I wanted to say ..

Although I am glad that your mom is now believing you, I am more concerned that everything is done to take care of you during this time. YOU are what is important in this situation.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Sally and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry I was away when you joined, and I like to say hello to everyone at AS, so hello :P

I am looking forward to seeing you at AS, on the site and in chat soon :hug:

Please take care, and PM me if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to :bighug: - I will always listen

John.

Edited by biggestfoot