Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Tale

Hi ... I wasn't even sure if I should be here, if I belonged; I was sure that everything I was feeling was invalid and I was making too big a deal out of nothing. Then I read many posts and articles and I actually feel like I belong here, and it made me so relieved that I almost cried. I felt like I could be truly honest for the first time and I haven't even become active yet! How about that, huh? There's just a wonderful aura to this place and it's so obvious how supportive and accepting it is. I debated with myself before I even was able to register -- I never thought that I would, even when I stumbled across it -- but I'm glad that I did.

I had vaguely wondered whether or not what had happened to me was anything noteworthy, whether it mattered or would stand up to people who have honestly been hurt, and then it escalated and I realized for the first time exactly what it was. It was more than inappropriate -- it was abuse, and it was damaging ... and it affected me to a far greater extent than I was even aware. I was so confused, but signing up here has helped me to validate myself.

I resolved to never, ever tell a single soul for as long as I lived. I was sure that they wouldn't understand. I actually did end up telling a close friend of mine a month or two ago, and I was extremely surprised by how good it felt. I thought that I would be anxious and horrified, but even though she couldn't relate and we didn't talk about it (all I said was that I was getting very emotional, which eventually led to, "I have so many secrets, and they're all killing me," and finally an admission that I had been sexually abused, but no details), I actually did feel better. And I've continued to feel better about it since then, just a bit. I don't think that I could tell someone in my everyday life, though. (This was a friend whom I have been corresponding with for a long time over the Internet. I love her so very much and just talking to her about nothing makes me feel better. She's so supportive.)

Then I thought that I would be fine. But there are things that I think it would be beneficial to me to get off of my chest and discuss, even though I'm an incredibly secretive person, and there's nowhere else that I have the opportunity to reveal them. I can't tell my family, my friends, and it seems that this place is my only sanctuary ... But I'm okay with that. I'm okay with my family never knowing. I'm finally okay with telling anybody, and I think that this board is just what I need.

After Silence, thank you so, so much just for being here. I'm very happy to have found this place and I look forward to becoming involved with you incredible and brave people.

I should warn you, though, that I'm a writer, so I'll never shut up. :wink::P Hence the eternal post of doom above. Oh, and the overt sentimentality. But I trust that you'll pardon me. :)

Welcome to AS .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

I should warn you, though, that I'm a writer, so I'll never shut up. Hence the eternal post of doom above. Oh, and the overt sentimentality.
Oh well, believe me, you'll fit right in then .. :)
Welcome to AS .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

I should warn you, though, that I'm a writer, so I'll never shut up. Hence the eternal post of doom above. Oh, and the overt sentimentality.
Oh well, believe me, you'll fit right in then .. :)

Wonderful. :hug: Thank you.

Tale welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear that something traumatic has brought you here to AS, but I welcome you as a very valuable member and look forward to meeting up with you on the board. Don't apologize for writing too much, it's the best way to get things out of our system.

Caring healing thoughts on your path to recovery. :flowers:

Atlantis

I'm so proud you came here and am even more overjoyed that you feel that you can talk to us and be accepted here. I can totally relate as I, before coming here, also swore to never tell another living soul.

Sending hugs, support, and open ears whenever you need any of them. Welcome to AS ((((Tale)))

Hi Tale :flowers:

I'm so glad you have found us. :hug: I have also found so much validation here. I was relieved to find that I could share those secrets I had held so long. I'm glad you feel that you can do this here. :hug:

I should warn you, though, that I'm a writer, so I'll never shut up.

You'll fit right in! :up: The more you talk, the more you get out. :hug:

~Kelly

Welcome to AS Tale. The first posts are always nerve wracking but I’m sure you will feel right at home in no time at all. :)

I’m really sorry for what you have been through. I’m glad you were able to reach out to your friend though, and am so happy to hear she was supportive and understanding.

When I first joined AS, I like you, had vowed never to tell anyone about my assault. But I think sharing online has made it so much easier for me to open up to people in my everyday life. I hope it will be the same for you. :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence, Tale :flowers:

Like the other members have said, it is great that you have opened up. It can be very freeing and also for many an important step in the healing process. I can also be quite long winded in my posts, so no fault on you there! I hope the site and all its wonderful members will help you on your journey.

Nicole :throb:

Hey there and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry I was away when you joined, and I like to say hello to everyone at AS, so hello :P

I am looking forward to seeing you at AS, on the site and in chat soon :hug:

Please take care, and PM me if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to :bighug: - I will always listen

John.

Edited by biggestfoot