Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Intro

Hi and welcome to AS!

I too have only recently started to confront my past as well.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and this site is a great place to start.

Just knowing that there are other people who are going through similar things can be so validating and such a comfort.

I hope you will find such support here.

:flowers:

Skye.

Hi Jess,

Welcome to this awesome community of healing! You are very brave & soon you will see that coming here was a good choice. Yours in healing :hug:

val

Hi Jess, and welcome to After Silence :hi:

It took me years to deal with what had happened to me, I tried to forget about it and convinced myself that I was fine for years. When I started healing I wanted to get it all done and overwith at once, but that unfortunately isn't how it works. I would recommend reading around the board a bit, you will likely see that you are not alone in some of the things you may be feeling. Perhaps you will want to share your story, perhaps not. It is totally up to you, do as much as you feel comfortable.

Nicole :throb:

Hi Jess,

I am glad that you have made the decision to want to heal, that alone is a important part of healing, I find this place very healing, and the people here are so nice, and really caring people, and really do assist in healing. If you are worried about where to go from here, you can just send me a PM if you want and I will help you in anyways I can to help you out, but simply the idea about AfterSilence to just start talking when you feel comfortable, and we will do our best to help you out :hug:

Please remember however you heal is great, and however you are feeling is normal, and that there are always people here that understand :flowers:

I am glad you have come to AS, and I am looking forward to seeing you in the forums and the chat room soon :hug:

Please feel free to send me a PM anytime, and please take care :bighug:

John