Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New Here

I am new here, I finally figured out how to make a post, I am really out of it because I didn't get much sleep last night.

I was raped almost 4 years ago and it was by someone who I thought was my friend.

I don't remember much of it, but I have been having flashbacks non-stop, and on the 23rd of last month my "friend" ( not the same one who raped me, i don't talk to him) told me it was my fault and for some reason I believed him and almost took my life that night.

Hi and welcome to AS!

I'm sorry for what has brought you here; but you will find a lot of support and understanding people here.

It was not your fault.

I am sorry you carry that around with you.

It was not your fault.

Take care and welcome,

:flowers:

Skye.

Hello,

I am really sorry that two people that you thought where your friends treated you this way, however please know it is never your fault, and I am so glad you didn't take you own life :flowers:

I am glad you have come to AS, and I hope that we can help in your healing, I have found this place very healing & I hope you can also :hug:

Welcome to AS :)

Please take care, and PM me anytime,

:bighug:

John.

Welcome

It wasn't your fault. Tell yourself that as many times as you need to until you believe it because it is true. And know that there are so many people here able to support you and understand what you are going through and feel so many of the same things.

Welcome to AS :)

So sorry for what you have been and are going through, and for your so called friends reaction, please believe it was never ever your fault :hug:

PM me anytime,

Jade

Hi brokensoul, :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence. As others have said, it was NOT your fault and I’m sorry you had to hear that from a so called friend.

I know how painful and frightening flashbacks are, but it actually could be sign that you are ready to process the memories you have buried, Although, I know that doesn’t help when you are dealing with them.

I have found with time, the frequency and intensity of my flashbacks have reduced and I hope it will be the same for you. For me personally, I try to ground myself as best as I can, and afterwards I find it helps if I write about what I experienced during it

I hope you can manage to get some sleep, and I hope AS can help you on your healing journey. :hug: