Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Some Newbie Concerns...

Moderators please move this if I have it in the wrong place.

Just a couple of questions and a suggestion.

1. What does DID mean?

2. Can I have a password to enter the Women only page.

Suggestion - Would you please consider having the outgoing mail changed, so that on my computer the sender box only says "After Silence." instead of "After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors."

I do want to receive emails but I get a little freaked out seeing the words "rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse," jumping off the page at me.

Thank you for considering this.

E.D.

Edited by E.D.

Must admit i agree with the suggestion.. but i can deal with it (as i have) if it cant be changed. :)

May i pretty please also have a password to the women only page??

Forever greatful :up:

Cheers

Lisa

DID is short for Disassociative Identity Disorder, which may also be known as Multiple Personaility Disorder (MPD). It's a psychiatric condition which may have links to experiencing severe trauma at an early age and so does occur in some survivors.

Here's the wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_personality_disorder

Wolfie

I have found the e-mail notifications a tad embarrasing at times - but I have my email screen set to small - no idea how I did it - so now all that show are the words - After Silence a message board for and thats it!

You do not have to be notified - if you would rather not - I think admin can change the setting for you

best wishes

karen

Yes I also agree with suggestion, as I use email account for other things, and sometimes others can be present, or if I use email at school or something and someone is looking over my sholder, you know. But have also learnt to manage it if cant be changed, have applied sorting rule to inbox, so all emails from AS go into a subfolder of inbox, so they cant be seen. :)

Thanks,

John

Yep, Salty is right. You can change the settings in your profile so that you do not receive email notifications when you get a PM.

I think you can change the setting to receive email notifications in your profile??

yer yer i know, i still want to recieve notifications its just like what John said though, it can get a little tricky opening the notifications with other people around because it has those words in it.. and if they're not aware of whats going on then its kinda a dead give away lol. Dont worry about it chickies, its all cool, i'll manage :up: hehe.

Cheers.

Lis.