Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Survivor?

Hi. I'm new on the site, and I keep seeing all these stories and posts that say "I am a survivor..." and I just can’t help feeling angry. How can I say I’ve survived, when it seems the only part of ME, of who I am, that is left is this broken shell? My body may have “survived”, but what of my soul? I used to want to thrive. Why now, must I be forced to merely survive?

I would ask “why me”, but then, I would never wish this on another. If I came to a site like this and realized I was the only member, that I was the only one who had ever suffered these things, it would make it easier to know that the pain could end with me. I could bottle it up and hold on tight, and play the martyr for the good of women and children everywhere. But I’m not the only one, and if anything, it makes it worse.

Sorry to have such an angry introduction, but I figure if anyone can understand what I’m saying, it would be someone on this site.

~Tattered Wings Flying

Hi

And welcome to AS

You have every right to be angry - I am glad you have found AS - there are many people here who understand your anger

best wishes

karen

Welcome to AS! :hi:

I can relate to your anger, too. It's not fair that any of us have a reason to be here. When I start thinking about that, I get really angry, and then I get frustrated, wishing that I could do more about it, for myself and for everyone here. Sigh.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope to see you around the boards.

Welcome to AS! :hi:

I can relate to your anger, too. It's not fair that any of us have a reason to be here. When I start thinking about that, I get really angry, and then I get frustrated, wishing that I could do more about it, for myself and for everyone here. Sigh.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope to see you around the boards.

Thanks so much for replying. I’m a little nervous about this whole process, but they say it will get easier with time… I am glad that there are people I can talk to and feel safe from judgment. It just makes me so sad to know just how many there are.

~TWF

Hey hun,

We are here to help you with the emotions you have at the moment, I think it is important that we do experiences these emotions, they are all part of the healing process, but when they are overwelming, we are here for you to lend a hand.

Please know you arent alone, and that we will help in anyway we can, because here at AS we do care, I have seen some truly amazing people here at AS, and they have just been so amazing and supportive of me, the people here are truly lovely people, and I am sure we can help you, just start posting, and we will do our best to support you :flowers:

Please take care, and remember you can PM me about anything anytime, and I will reply ASAP.

:bighug:

John.

Hi,

Welcome to AS.

I know that anger is something many members express and feel. I go through that a lot as well.

Glad that you are here and are posting.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

You have every right to be angry. I can sure relate. I've had my moments of - "what do you mean I'm a survivor when I feel so dead inside!?" I want to thrive. I think all of us here do, and that's one reason we keep going. As you keep pushing forward, you DO start to heal, and you start to feel change. You start to feel stronger. I'm so very glad you're here, and hope you find the support and encouragement you need to start this journey.

:notalone: