Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Where To Start?

I'm very new here. I'm trying to find resources to deal with what I'm going through, and someone suggested this site. I'm excited by the prospect but also a bit overwhelmed, especially by how much is going on and making my way into this community. Where do I start?

A little about me: I'm a college student (in the middle of the toughest exam week I think I'll ever experience, which makes dealing with this no easier). The thing that happened to me is very difficult to tell people who don't know. While a few people do know, most of my friends don't, so I thought something like this could help me. I've started therapy here at school but I go home next week, and my best friend is a wonderful comfort but I know it's difficult for her to understand my problems. I'm a very open person usually, so having an issue I can't easily explain to others is such a difficult experience for me, not to mention actually having to deal with an issue like this.

My user name is "amazon strength" not because it's a quality I currently possess, but the name inspires me to try to be strong. I've needed a lot of strength lately.

Advice on coping and healing is more than welcome. I really hope to become a part of the community I've observed so far on this site.

Hello Amazon Strength

Your Name could relate to this sites name also: Amazon Strength and After Silence. Both are AS!!!

I would like to welcome you to AS and I hope you are able to feel at home here, this site is basically you go into the forums that are about things you want to talk about and then you start typing (and follow the rules of course) it is that easy. I think this is a wounderful site and I hope it is as opening to you as it has been to me, Im sure it will be.

It can be very hard sometimes opening up to something like this, because it is very personal and I feel quiet embarrised about talking about it sometimes, but please know how you are feeling, there is nothing wrong with you & just take your emotions as they come, because the emotions that you are experiencing are all normal and are very hard to deal with, and reaching out here is a great thing to do, and I am very grad you have, and I think you are very brave for reaching out.

I hope to see you in the site, and please take care :hug: and remember you can PM me anytime

:bighug:

John

Amazon,

Welcome to AS! Personally (minus the random disappearance I had for quite some time), I find this site to be very helpful and comforting. It's nice to know that people here know how hard it is to speak up, how much pain everyone is in... that way, we can all be here for each other in every step through this.

I hope you find the strength that you are looking for, and I'm sure that, with time, you will. Use the people around you (the counselor that you're seeing, and your friend) as people to go to when things seem overbearing. I know what finals are like... I'm in the middle of mine right now, as well, and hate every minute of it. But.. soon it'll be over and you won't have to worry about it anymore. :)

Take care of yourself, and I'm here if you need anything. I'm sure I'll see you around!

Hugs,

Sarah

I'm very new here. I'm trying to find resources to deal with what I'm going through, and someone suggested this site. I'm excited by the prospect but also a bit overwhelmed, especially by how much is going on and making my way into this community. Where do I start?

A little about me: I'm a college student (in the middle of the toughest exam week I think I'll ever experience, which makes dealing with this no easier). The thing that happened to me is very difficult to tell people who don't know. While a few people do know, most of my friends don't, so I thought something like this could help me. I've started therapy here at school but I go home next week, and my best friend is a wonderful comfort but I know it's difficult for her to understand my problems. I'm a very open person usually, so having an issue I can't easily explain to others is such a difficult experience for me, not to mention actually having to deal with an issue like this.

My user name is "amazon strength" not because it's a quality I currently possess, but the name inspires me to try to be strong. I've needed a lot of strength lately.

Advice on coping and healing is more than welcome. I really hope to become a part of the community I've observed so far on this site.

Hey there,

welcome to AS. I am glad you found your way here. This is a great page where you will find a lot of support.

I can totally feel you about finals...I am having the same troubles going on right now... not easy i know..but you can do this!!!

We love you....and take care....if you ever need anything just PM me.

take care

Patty

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi and welcome to AS.

You already sound quite strong to me - being able to go through this and take exams at the same time (I had to block everything out and become quite numb while getting through all of my studies) so thats fantastic! Also, getting some counselling also takes enormous courage (still a step I have yet to be able to take) -

So Amazon Strength is quite fitting I think...

I hope that you continue to build on this already remarkable strength.

Good luck with the exams :luck: !

Im sure that you will find the support that you need here.

Take care,

Skye.

Thanks for the confidence, skye. You're right, it's been so incredibly difficult, but I know there was no other option but to continue trying, and so I've realized I've been inadvertently compartmentalizing (when possible... at times it just rips through me and I'm unable to function until it passes).

Also, John, AS are my initials as well (which I didn't even realize), so there's another bit of lucky coincidence?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, and I'm glad I found this place. I feel less alone already.