Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

hi

so this is my first post as i havent known what to write before now but now i need some help!

i was raped a few years ago and with that and whatever else has happened in my life i have felt down ever since. i have finally decided to try and get some help, so i'm going to try and book a doctors appointment tomorrow, but i don't know what i should say when (and if) i get there!

i mean theres nothing actually physically wrong with me, i'm just unhappy. but i dont know how to go about saying that!

i feel stupid going into the doctors with this but i don't know where else to go and now i have finally decided to go for it i just need some advice on how to broach the subject with the doctor.

so any suggestions are very welcome!

i don't know if i've posted this in the right place so sorry if i've done it wrong but as it was my first post i thought this couldn't be a bad place to start.

thank you

Hello and welcome. :flowers:

It's good that you're trying to get some help. I imagine you're doctor is as good a place to start as any, especially if you haven't been to one. You may not even have to broach the subject yourself, as you'll probably have to answer a bunch of questions about your health and your history. But you will have to brace yourself to actually say it when the time comes.

You might also try looking for a crisis center in your area. The yellow pages or a google search will help you find one. Or your doctor may be able to refer you.

Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for and that you feel better soon. Please let us know how it goes.

:hug:

Hey and WELCOME TO AS. :hug: -if ok

Im glad you have come here to AS and I am sure you will find this place very supportive, I sure have, I think so advice I would have would be to see counselling if possible, maybe your doctor will be able to tell you of some good services in your area and I think it is a very good idea that you are going to the doctors. :hug: Doctors can help alot.

I hope to see you here, and look forward to chating to you in forums and in chatroom, and I am very glad you have reached out to here.

Please take care :hug: and PM me anytime. :)

John.

Welcome to AS .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Welcom to AS, you found the right place. I have been here a couple months now, and everyone is kind and supporting. You are doing right by going to the doctors. they can refer you to a counselor. still trying to find the right person to talk to myself, but the doctors is a good start. If you don't want to say the word rape, tell them you had a bad experience and you would like to talk to a counselor about it. Hope you find support here, and we are glad you came. Sorry this happened to you though.

MC

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope that you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad