New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Returning After Sabbatical

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member on here for just over a year now but for the past 3 or 4 months I have been completely MIA. This is because there has been a TON of new stuff in my life. First, I finished graduate school and now have my master's degree. I got a job and moved to a different region of the country. My job has been crazy. I'm an athletic trainer and fitness professional at a small college. My hours have been averaging between 60 and 80 hours a week since early August but things are slowing down a little. I've also acquired new pets in the past months. I still have Lily the bearded dragon, Kinsey the gerbil, and Addie the hairless rat and I've acquired Macie the tail-less rat, and Nike and Loke the parakeets. I'm living alone and am also dealing with new bills and the different lifestyle of living alone. And I am also an administrator at a relatively new site (call Survive To Thrive), which has taken up a lot of my free time outside of work. Feel free to check it out at survivetothrive.org. I also am working on a new relationship (first one in a long time) and that's bee pretty stressful because I am not real sure how I feel about relationships in general and my own judgment of others' character but I'm doing my best. So that's what has been going on with me. I look forward to reconnecting with those of you that I had become friends with and to meeting those of you who have joined since I've been away. For those of you who don't know, I am a survivor of 2 date rapes and an abusive relationship. I think that is all for now.

Take Gentle Care,

~Athenaxena

Welcome back, my friend. I am sorry I haven't responded to your message, but I am glad to see you around again :hug:

Hey, good to see you .. :hug: :hug: