Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Ryno

Hello.

I am searching for help. I don't know how much help I need, but I knew I needed to look.

I have been dating a Wonderful Beautiful Women for the last 4 months. She and I are both 26.

As our Relationship progressed I have found things about her past.

She was sexually Abused before the age of 5 from her father, and was sexually abused again from 9-15 via her subsequent Step-father.

Later in life, she was also Car-jacked, and Raped.

Because of all of this she has Dissociative identity disorder.

I love her with all my heart, and she loves me to. She is going to Therapy once a Week, and is on Medicine for her Depression, Wellbutrin I believe.

She finally had the courage to tell me about her DID last week. I knew about it, but wasn't for sure if she had Fully Intergrated or not. It appears she has not.

I am just looking for ways to be supportive for her, and not lose myself at the same time. I love her, and do not plan on leaving her. I want a future for us, and while I know I can't have an outlook to fix things, I do plan on being her support pillar.

It's nice to meet you all.

Hey there mate,

Thanks so much for helping your girlfriend. She is lucky to have you :up:

WELCOME TO AS :)

-biggestfoot-