Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Les3

Hi everybody. I really hope to find some friends here who understand what I'm going through. I was sexually assaulted by my best friend 3 years ago, and it's just now starting to hit me really hard (is that normal?). I feel so betrayed and there's just this deep sadness I have that I can't explain. I also have a lot of other issues in my past that I'm sure a lot of you can relate to..abortion, drug use (even though I've been clean for 2 years now), anorexia...I've been through a lot. Overall, I'm in a good place in my life right now. I'm 19 years old, I have a 18 month old daughter, and I'm engaged to her daddy who is a wonderful guy. It's just lately everything in my past (especially the abuse) has been weighing down on me and I feel like I'm drowning, struggling to keep my head above water.

Welcome Les3 and I know how you must feel... I was betrayed by my best friend when he killed himself and although you've been through a lot, so has everyone on this site... I also used to do drugs, been clean for a year, and have hurt myself a lot also. And having a child can really be a heavy load. Your mind is currently under a lot of stress and it's decided to bring up all of these things from the past. Just remember that you have a wonderful child and an apparently wonderful fiancee (Spelling maybe?). If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm open ^.^

Welcome to AS

And PS: If you give me the definition of "normal" then every psychologist will cherish you as a God ^.^ Nothing is really normal, take it from an inspiring psych >.>

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I should have added that while I've been through a lot, I know others have as well. I didn't mean to sound like I had it worse if that's how it came across.

And I like what you said about "normal", I guess that's very true.

Hi Les3, welcome to AS :notalone: you are definitely not alone. I hope you find lots of support and healing here. Congrats on your baby girl. :)

Feel free to PM anytime if you need to chat.

:luck: Clover :luck:

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I should have added that while I've been through a lot, I know others have as well. I didn't mean to sound like I had it worse if that's how it came across.

And I like what you said about "normal", I guess that's very true.

Everybody has their problems ^.^ We just need to learn to get through them and when we do we're better people! If you ever want help or advice, know that I'm the advice giver, match maker, assistant and... resident comic >.>... so if you ever need anything... just PM ^.^ Peace!

Hey,

It is normal for it to hit you really hard sometimes yeah, and I understand what you mean by that drowning feeling, and congrads on your engagement. I think you will kind peope here who understand you, at first it may seem all abit different and abstract, but over time I think you will find that the people here are really good people and that you will start to make new friendship, I know I have, and I can't explain how supportive my friends have been, there just amazing.

I hope that we are able to help with your healing, please take care of yourself. :)

-biggestfoot-

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad