Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I Am New

hi everyone, my name is Rose, I was sexually abused by my brother, he is 8 yrs older than me

I was around 5 when everything started, I am 35 now...

On 10/27/07 I told my family what he did I could not keep it inside me anymore It has been 30 yrs and omg it still hurts emotionally I haven't seen this pervert in almost a yr

I didn't say anything before because despited everything I wanted to keep my family together

What hurts the most was my family reaction, my mom was in total disbelief, my father said and I quote" and why are you brining this after all these years?" " Oh that's only child's play" he later apologized but I will never forgive him for that... I also told 2 of my brothers, one of them called him immediately and told him what a scum bag bag he is etc etc, my brother of course denied everything, when I left my mom's house she patted my back and said well daughter Im sorry what happened to you... I'll see you later and left... the next day I went to her house and she gave the third degree asking things that I wish I could forget... and all those memoried came back... later she told me that my brother denied the whole thing and that she doesnt know what and who to believe and when I told her that it was the truth and that pretty much failed to protect ehr only daughter and youngest child

she accused me of trying to destroy the family and also that I wanted to provoke her a heart attack making me feel so guilty that I reveled this secret... I also told my husband I didnt want to but but one day he told me that he could not understand why I hated my brother so much so I had to tell him that was about 2 yrs ago, I pretty much had to restrain him because he was going to beat the crap out of him, my husband is awesome and without him I dont know what would have I done.... so sorry for the long post

thanks I needed to vent...

hi everyone, my name is Rose, I was sexually abused by my brother, he is 8 yrs older than me

I was around 5 when everything started, I am 35 now...

On 10/27/07 I told my family what he did I could not keep it inside me anymore It has been 30 yrs and omg it still hurts emotionally I haven't seen this pervert in almost a yr

I didn't say anything before because despited everything I wanted to keep my family together

What hurts the most was my family reaction, my mom was in total disbelief, my father said and I quote" and why are you brining this after all these years?" " Oh that's only child's play" he later apologized but I will never forgive him for that... I also told 2 of my brothers, one of them called him immediately and told him what a scum bag bag he is etc etc, my brother of course denied everything, when I left my mom's house she patted my back and said well daughter Im sorry what happened to you... I'll see you later and left... the next day I went to her house and she gave the third degree asking things that I wish I could forget... and all those memoried came back... later she told me that my brother denied the whole thing and that she doesnt know what and who to believe and when I told her that it was the truth and that pretty much failed to protect ehr only daughter and youngest child

she accused me of trying to destroy the family and also that I wanted to provoke her a heart attack making me feel so guilty that I reveled this secret... I also told my husband I didnt want to but but one day he told me that he could not understand why I hated my brother so much so I had to tell him that was about 2 yrs ago, I pretty much had to restrain him because he was going to beat the crap out of him, my husband is awesome and without him I dont know what would have I done.... so sorry for the long post

thanks I needed to vent...

Well rose... honestly I have to say that what you're family's reaction was is rather common... your mom probably can't believe that her own child did this (many parents can't) and she tries to hide it... as for your husband, well it's a common reaction.. I wanted to kill my friend's abuser so honestly I can't imagine... just be glad that you're no longer near this guy...

Welcome to AS this is a good place where people understand where you're coming from...

Hi Rose, I am really sorry that your family (for a lack of a better word) sucked so hard in protecting you as a child and protecting your heart today. I am new here too but I have found it very helpful so far and I hope you do too.

Hey there,

Im really sorry that your brother hurt you in such a bad way, and that your family had such a hard time accept it, but we accept it and we support you through this. Im glad you came to AS, it really is a good community and I hope you find some of your healing here.

Take care of yourself ok,

-biggestfoot-

You didn't deserve what happened to you, no one does. Its a good place to vent here, people will listen.

Smiles,

Jos. :):):)

Hi, welcome to AS. Sorry that all that happened to you, its a really hard thing to cope with.:sor:

Its sounds like my family when i told them what happened to me. I hope you and your family can stay strong because even though it is a long process, you can heal. I have found this place extremely supportive and I hope you can too.

:youcanheal:

Hi and welcome Rose. :notalone: I'm glad you are here and I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm so sorry you went through all that, you'll find lots of support here.

:luck: Clover :luck: