Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newbie!

Jill

Hello everyone! My name is Jill. I'm new to this site as well. It's nice to see there are so many members and so much activity on this site. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it! Still learning how to navigate through here, so please bear with me?!

I am a survivor of physical battery and rape. My attack took place a year ago, by someone I was dating at the time. I am scheduled to go to trial this week. It has been postponed so many times I've lost count. Now that it is finally really here, I'm feeling anxious and very vulnerable. It feels like being victimized all over again...and the process has hardly begun. I can almost see the finish line and yet the thought of having to relive the details makes me ill. I'm praying for some closure this week, the ability to stay calm and clear throughout the trial, justice, and that my case be one that is added to the list of positive statistics. :luck:

Thanks for giving me a safe place to vent! ~Jill

((((Jill))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. :hug:

Please remember that it is very brave and courageous to go to court for this, your not alone, were here for you.

((((Safe Hugs))))

Donna =)

Welcome to AS, glad we can be here to help you vent and I hope in someway it will help you in your healing journey .. Good luck in court and if you get stressed just think about all of us out there supporting you in mind if not in body, you are far from bring alone :hug: ... Take care of yourself ... :hug:

Thank you ALL for such a warm welcome and your words of encouragement!!!! I'm so glad I stumbled on this site :)

Jill,

Welcome to the forum sweetie. We hope that you will find comfort and hope to move on with your Survival here. It's good to know you are reaching out now in a good time, a very fresh time in your Aftermath. It means so much to us that you can get there. And if there is anything at all that you need to talk about please let us listen to you. That is what we are here for. Biggest Hugs and welcome!

Love, Haullie :hug:

You all are just blowing me away!! I'm just overwhelmed by emotion....guess I've supressed alot of it. I think I'm feeling joy and sadness at the same time right now and I'm trying to filter through it. It is just so comforting to receive such a warm welcome. I cannot wait to tell my support group about this site and all the wonderful people in it!!!! With thanks! Jill

Guest queenie

Jill

Welcome to the board sweeite!

I was experiencing domestic violence in a relationship which ended in rape. I've not had the opportunity to meet another woman from a similar path. I am really sorry you had to go through it all...I'm glad you have come here for support! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Lots of luck,

Jennifer

Hi and Welcome! :greet:

hope you find comfort being here, and hope the court date goes well for you, you're very courageous :throb:

Welcome Jill,

Hope you find what you need here. Just knowing that this outlet is here has been good for me. My motto has been "If you think you've reached the end of your rope, tie a knot and Hang-on. Hope the trial will be blessing for you. Sometimes it takes nasty medicine to effect a cure. :throb::hug::hug::greet:

Hello again my new friends!

Well, I endured my first day of the trial. Being on that witness stand was by far the one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. I think the only thing that tops it is the night of my attack. I was told by the District Attorney that everything should be wrapped up by tomorrow and I cannot wait to have this piece behind me.

It is so very difficult to relax, knowing that the outcome of this is so beyond my control. I am sickened by the "story" that the defense has created! I pray that the jurors will have the wisdom strength to shuffle through all the ridiculous lies and crap in order to bring this unhealthy man to justice. Regardless of the outcome, at least I can put my head down on my pillow each night knowing that I was strong, courageous, did my best up there, and told the truth!!!! Thank you all for the prayers, words of wisdom, love and support. I could feel your presense there today. It truly was knowing that I was not alone....all the love, support and prayers from family and friends that helped me find the strength to get through my testimony. Love, Jill

The light at the end of this tunnel is shining brighter by the minute. And I'm eager to embrace it!!!

You are a stong, beautiful person, Jill! Brilliant, just brilliant.

I am so proud of you and in awe. You did a great job, you are so brave. Your confidence radiates from that post. You are not alone...

Well done :up:

Welcome and I am so proud of you for getting through the day with dignity. I hope that it was empowering for you, and I know that if you can do this, you will have the strength to do anything that comes your way.

Huge Hug!!

Robin

:dance::hammer::dance: Congratulations Jill

I am so happy. I feel so angry and sad when I read some of the letters, and when I think about what this does to us. You made my day just to know that somebody is giving them a hard time. We may not win all of the battles, but we will win the war. Again I say thank you for making my day. :hug::P

I hope its not been too bad a time for you and I hope that the jury see sense ...Thinking about you .. :hug:

Hello Everyone!

Well, this piece of my life has finally come to a close. I cannot express the relief I feel!!!

The jury found him guilty of only one charge, the domestic battery. All other charges were found to be not guilty. His sentence was for a mere 364 days, and he served exactly that. He is not a US citizen, so there is an immigration hold on him and because of that, he was not released last night. He was held in custody and now has to deal INS. There is a possibility that they will deport him. The prosecutor is going to help me so I can stay abreast of that situation.

I know that he definitely got his monies worth out of his defense attorney's and that they were merely doing their job. I feel that my attorney did an incredible job as well. I am grateful for her and for my advocate!!!!! It is sad to me how our judicial system operates. And I have learned more this week than I ever wanted to know.

Before sentencing I was provided an opportunity to speak and I must say that I am so glad I did. It was the most liberating moment of my life!!!!!! I spoke to him face to face, eye to eye! And told him that what he received tonight was the "deal of a lifetime" and that I hoped he was grateful! I told him that the only two people in the courtroom this week that knew the absolute truth were he and I. And that I spoke the truth!!!! And that if he believed that he did as well, then he is more sick than I knew. And that it really didn't matter. That he has robbed me of the last year of my life and that he would never take anything from me ever again!!! I told him that...one day he will have his day with his higher power and that is what matters. I also thanked him for teaching me invaluable lessons about myself and what I deserve and what I will never, ever allow anyone to do to me again! I also thanked him for teaching me part of my purpose on this earth.....to protect myself and others from him (and people like him) and that I will continue my journey and support other victims so they can find the strength to protect themselves by finding the courage to do what I did here this week!

So, now I may close this chapter and embrace all the greatness that life has in store for me.

Thank you, all of you...for your prayers, love, friendship and support. I could not have made it through this week without each of you! With love and many many thanks!!! Warmly, Jill