Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

angel1

Hi,

I am new to this and looking for some answers and support. I am a victim of SA Oct 17, 2007. I feel lost, scared, ashamed, and dirty. I have taken 4 to 5 baths a day and just can't get clean. I am scared to open doors or even to go to the store alone. I see people from behind and think that it is him and go into panic attacks. My GYN told me about this place. he said that it helped his wife.

My husband made me an appointment for Friday for counseling. I don't wont to go. The only people that know what happened it the police. I was trapped by the health department. HODAC told me to go and at least get tested for STDs if I did not wont to report it. I found out they sent me to the health department because they have to report it to the police. I am so embarrassed . Why did this happen to me.

hey, I'm Crystal, I am a victim of csa so I know how you feel. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you anytime. Good luck in your recovery and welcome.

:hi:

I'm not sure where you're from, but where I live, just because the police are aware of what happened does not mean you have to talk to them. I know hospitals have to call the police in the acse of a rape, and the police always show up, but it is your RIGHT to not talk to them. But, it probably was a good idea to get tested for STD's..just as a precaution.

You have no reason to be embarassed..what happened was not your fault.

Take care of you.

Hey, what happened to you is a huge misfortune and is definitely not something that should have happened to you. But the fact is that you didn't do anything wrong, nor do you have a reason to feel embarrassed or guilty. Believe me, you can heal through these things just like how you heal from a cut. It just takes time, care and support. Trust me when I say this, everything everyone does for you is a positive thing. We can all help you through this, but you also need to help yourself through this. We can give you that extra push but in the end, you need to leap over this obstacle. And it won't be the only thing you'll always think about. You can and probably will live a normal healthy life. That much, I guarantee you.

Good luck and the best of Health,

Giancarlo

Hi there,

You dont need to be embarissed here, we are all in the same boat. We understand.

Welcome to AS and I hope we can help in your healing journey.

Please take care,

-biggestfoot-

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry for what you have been through. I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Thank you all for you words of support. My husband and family are being very supportive of me. This is the first week that I have been home alone sense the attack. I stayed with my husbands family and I know that I had to try to stay home to start to get my life back on tracked. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years. My kids do not know what happened. There to young.

If anyone of you where married when you where attacked did you feel like you cheated on your partner. If you don't mind my asking. He is the only man I have ever been with until that morning. Not that I wonted to. I just feel like I cheated on him. I told him that and he said how could it be cheating if I was forced. I still feel like I did.

The detective talked with him yesterday and ask if he thought i was ready to work with a forensic sketch artist. I don't wont to remember his face, not like I can forget it. But putting it on paper makes it seem so real. If that makes any since. I may have to go next week.

I did not have to talk to the police but my husband would have been man at me if I did not. When they took me to the hospital a detective can by the house to get pitchers and told him what happened. So I told them. I did not think they would believe me because he made me take a bath and then I cleaned up the mess that was made. I also washed my cloths. But the police do believe me. And that makes me fill better.

My Dr. called yesterday and the STD test all came out negative. I still have to go back in 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year to get the HIV test again. I also start counseling Friday. I am worried about that.

Thank you all for your support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure where you're from, but where I live, just because the police are aware of what happened does not mean you have to talk to them. I know hospitals have to call the police in the acse of a rape, and the police always show up, but it is your RIGHT to not talk to them. But, it probably was a good idea to get tested for STD's..just as a precaution.

You have no reason to be embarassed..what happened was not your fault.

Take care of you.

Lady- you are so good and kin and caring....

Edited by mawa