Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Happy Anniversary...(why I'm Here)

Friday marks the 11 year anniversary of the night I was raped...

And I'm struggling a bit right now. The memories are closer and the old feelings are creeping in and I've worked too hard to overcome to just let myself slide back into it all.

So, I found this site and thought it would be nice to have people to talk to who might understand why I sometimes feel like I do and why I sometimes act like I do.

This sharing thing isn't the most comfortable thing for me, but I think this will be a good place for me to start telling my story. I've read through some of the posts and can see that people are here to support others and not to judge.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi thewillofinstinct and Welcome to AS :)

I'm sorry you're struggling right now, I think you're right to think you'll find people here who'll understand how you feel it really is a great place :)

Take care :flowers:

Welcome to AS mate,

I'm sorry that Friday will be such a hard day for you, We are here for you, and will be our best to help you.

AS is a wounderful online community, and I hope you find some healing here. This community has certainly helped me alot.

Please take care, :hug:

-biggestfoot-

Just wanted to thank everyone for a warm welcome. The memories are still close by for me right now, but I feel like I can breathe a bit easier now. I've never been friends with anyone who was a fellow survivor, so it's reassuring to read through some of the threads and to be welcomed with support.

Thanks! :flowers:

Hey, I know how it feels to not have anyone who really understands. That is why I joined here too. I hope you find the help you need. If you ever want to talk, I am here. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...