Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Nice To Meet Everyone

Hi all,

I am new to AS. I wasn't sure this was the right thing for me. But after reading the support that you all gave Iris, I am able to write about myself.

I am 22 yrs old. I was raped when I was 18. I've been dealing with it in whatever way I can right now. I've never formerly been to therapy so I'm not sure if I have PTSD but my family would tell you I do. 2 months after I was raped I found out I was pregnant. I've been raising my rapist's child for almost 3 1/2 years. She looks just like me but sometimes its hard to look at her. ?I love her to death but...... Its hard for me. I struggle everyday. My finances, my social life, work, school..... You name it I'm struggling. Sometimes I can't help but think that I'm not supossed to be in this situation. I was raised to believe God does everything for a reason and he won't put to much on your plate. When I look at her I don't believe any of that is true. Recently my mom and I were talking and I asked her if she would take my daughter for me. She is happy to do so. I just don't know what else I can do. I was doing OK not talking about it and being a single parent. But revently my younger suster and her boyfriend had a baby and my daughter asked me where her dad was. I had a breakdown. I didn't and still don't have an answer for her.

Thank you all so much for listening

Sunshine

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS :flowers: I Hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I am sorry for what you have been through I can't even imagine how difficult it is for you. Take care and if you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. I Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Welcome to After Silence...

I really feel for you and honestly I hope you can work through this. Ask around for advice and hopefully sometime in the near future you'll find an answer both you and your daughter can be pleased with.

Hey Sunny,

Welcome to AS, Im really sorry that your in such a difficult situation with your daughter. You must be really strong and resourceful to be raising your daughter as a single parent. I hope you are able to find some healing here, it is a really good online community. I hope it helps. It also sounds like you have a really supportive mother there!! And it sounds like you daughter is in good hands.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to chatting to you soon.. :hug:

-biggestfoot-

Hi all,

I am new to AS. I wasn't sure this was the right thing for me. But after reading the support that you all gave Iris, I am able to write about myself.

I am 22 yrs old. I was raped when I was 18. I've been dealing with it in whatever way I can right now. I've never formerly been to therapy so I'm not sure if I have PTSD but my family would tell you I do. 2 months after I was raped I found out I was pregnant. I've been raising my rapist's child for almost 3 1/2 years. She looks just like me but sometimes its hard to look at her. ?I love her to death but...... Its hard for me. I struggle everyday. My finances, my social life, work, school..... You name it I'm struggling. Sometimes I can't help but think that I'm not supossed to be in this situation. I was raised to believe God does everything for a reason and he won't put to much on your plate. When I look at her I don't believe any of that is true. Recently my mom and I were talking and I asked her if she would take my daughter for me. She is happy to do so. I just don't know what else I can do. I was doing OK not talking about it and being a single parent. But revently my younger suster and her boyfriend had a baby and my daughter asked me where her dad was. I had a breakdown. I didn't and still don't have an answer for her.

Sunshine

Im sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope you can find the support you need here, and im sure you will. Take care of yourself.

Hello and welcome. You are so strong. It is a blessing that you have your daughter, she is innocent. and even if you didn't get pregnant you would of never forgot what happened so please don't tell your daughter the truth because she will think she caused you to be unhappy sometimes please wait until she is much older and able to understand. this is just my opinion . I was raped by my father and got away but was 5 months pregnant before the social worker arranged an abortion. i feel so painful about the innocent baby. my life is full of what ifs I think you did the right thing. God bless you.

Hi all,

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine, Welcome to AS.

You are not alone. I am also raising my daughter who was concieved through rape. She is now 10yo and a fantastic blessing in my life. But I did go through alot of what you are feeling now about being reminded all the time and the questions about who her dad is etc. IF you want to talk about it feel free to PM or email me or just reply here.

My thoughts are with you, you are not alone

Thank you for your support. I don't mean to sound insensitive but it is nice to meet someone who has been through a similar situation. Sometimes I feel all alone in this big world. My family just tries to make sure that I don't forget what happened to me (I'm not sure how I can ever forget.) They all try and push me into therapy. How did you do it? Everyday I wake up thinking "why me?" "why do I have to go through this?" It is so hard to live like this..... *I'm crying* :cry: I will have to talk later.

Hello and welcome. You are so strong. It is a blessing that you have your daughter, she is innocent. and even if you didn't get pregnant you would of never forgot what happened so please don't tell your daughter the truth because she will think she caused you to be unhappy sometimes please wait until she is much older and able to understand. this is just my opinion . I was raped by my father and got away but was 5 months pregnant before the social worker arranged an abortion. i feel so painful about the innocent baby. My life is full of what ifs I think you did the right thing. God bless you.

My older sister tells me that I treat my daughter like Sh#@ and that she knows that she makes me unhappy. She wants me to give my mom custody of my daughter. I don't think I treat her bad. I am a single, young, first-time parent. What I do might not be what everyone else might do, but parenting is a learning experience. Kids don't come with instruction books. When I found out I was pregnant I scheduled myself for an abortion. But I couldn't do it when the time came. I haven't really decided when or how I am going to tell her. But I think she deserves the truth.......... or as much of it as I know. :(

Hello and welcome. You are so strong. It is a blessing that you have your daughter, she is innocent. and even if you didn't get pregnant you would of never forgot what happened so please don't tell your daughter the truth because she will think she caused you to be unhappy sometimes please wait until she is much older and able to understand. this is just my opinion . I was raped by my father and got away but was 5 months pregnant before the social worker arranged an abortion. i feel so painful about the innocent baby. My life is full of what ifs I think you did the right thing. God bless you.

My older sister tells me that I treat my daughter like Sh#@ and that she knows that she makes me unhappy. She wants me to give my mom custody of my daughter. I don't think I treat her bad. I am a single, young, first-time parent. What I do might not be what everyone else might do, but parenting is a learning experience. Kids don't come with instruction books. When I found out I was pregnant I scheduled myself for an abortion. But I couldn't do it when the time came. I haven't really decided when or how I am going to tell her. But I think she deserves the truth.......... or as much of it as I know. :(

You did the right thing.I have 7 children and parenting is not easy especially if you came from the background I had. I am still learning how to be a better parent but I'm realizing you have to take care of yourself first to do that.its hard being a parent when you don't have issues, so imagine with a tramatic experience does to you. I know you are doing your best. the 1 thing I do is make sure my daughter is not staying over where men or older boys are this problem for me has caused friction with my family because I don't trust anyone. If my own father raped me I can't trust anyone.yes you can tell her when she gets old enough to understand.You mad the biggest and most important decision when you didn't have a abortion. If only I was as strong as you.You just do your best and if you need to talk you cam send me a message.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...