Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

So, I joined this community awhile back and have never really been able to bring myself to post here. I've posted a few things, here and there, but nothing really. But I feel like I'd like to at least introduce myself.

I was physically and emotionally abused by both parents as I grew up and was sexually abused by...someone...when I was fifteen. I don't remember much of any of it. The physical or the sexual abuse.

I've been having a really rough time as late and have been off my medications for a few months. I don't really have anyone that I can confide in down here (I moved recently). And I don't have insurance so I don't have a t.

I've struggled with self injury for 13 years, but am proud to say that I've gone almost 11 months with only one slip. I'm not really ready to post my story, but wanted to say hello and to say how glad I am a community like this exists. It's made me feel a lot less alone just knowing that I am not alone. I think that everyone here is very brave for being able to survive and share their stories.

Welcome and acknowledge that we are all here to help you... and that I'm a guy... sorry about that but I was recently accused of being of the feminine persuasion (Isn't that right determined1?). But yea... so I know that what happened must have been tough but know that with determination... cough cough... and perseverance, we can get through anything!

Welcome.

I have been a member for a few months and I haven't posted my story yet, "what defines me" but I have posted in bits and pieces and when i get myself put together I will post. So do what ever works for you know we are here for you and post what you want when you are ready

:hug:

Hey.... welcome... This community is great because it allows us all to get togeather from all ends of earth... You can decide when you ready to move into getting support... It totally up to you.... I hope you find as helpful... I sure have.... Pm me should you ever want to...

-biggestfoot-

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care!

:hug: :hug:

Sad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...