Guest searchforlight

Hello Everyone

10 posts in this topic

Hi there

Oh boy am I glad I have found my way here! I had a little difficulty finding a survivors board-not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or what-but I'm very happy I am here now.

Well lets see I'll start with my name, Michelle, I'm 28 I am a mother to two boys nearly 2 and nearly 5, they are the light and loves of my life they have taught me many things, faith, joy, beauty, and of course PATIENCE-being the little firecrackers that they are anyway they are my life and I adore them. I am also a student 2nd yr BA/psy major.My interests are, spirituality, reading and more reading, crosstitch,embriodory,leadlighting,ceramics,egg art and pyrography-not that I'm particuarly good at any of them but I enjoy them and they are quite carthartic for me.

Now for the other stuff, I'm an adult survivor of physical,sexual,emotional abuse and neglect from both my mother and father. I have done alot of work towards healing this began at 18, lots of reading, counselling and some more counselling and innerchild workshops. I thought I was over all of it and its recently come back to bite me in the bum so obviously I believe there is something more I need to learn or heal.

So with that being said I will soon make my way to the other boards but first I will read the other posts here so I can get to know you all, I hope to meet and make new friends here and to be a friend as well. I am thankful for a place like this but at the same time I find it ironic that the best support, kindness, and friendship can come from strangers perhaps to understand and talk about these issue's you must first go through them? I dont know but thanks again for listening.

welcome :hug:

i'm glad you've found us and i hope you find what you are looking for here

emma :hug:

Welcome :greet:

There is plenty of support here. I am also interested in spirituality. Does it ever end is a good question for the poll. I can assure you that it gets better but it's an upward spiral.

I'll be seeing you around the board... :hug:

I hope that this place can help in your healing journey .. :hug:

hi and welcome to the boards :greet:

:throb::hug::throb:

(((((((Michelle))))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. :hug:

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

Hello again

Thankyou all for the warm and receptive welcome!

I hope to get to know you all a little better!

Have a nice day!

Michelle