Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Posting Tutorial?

I noticed quite a few newer members have struggled with learning how to post. I was wondering if someone could make a posting tutorial and pin it at the top of the introductions forum or something? Just a thought, I've been seeing quite a few people lately having a hard time getting used to how this board is set up...

:tealribbon:

Not a bad idea at all. I love making tutorials! :type:

I'm a moderator on another site and I've done some posting tutorials (how to post pictures, fonts/colors, starting threads, creating a profile) and I've had many members tell me they were helpful.

So I think it's a great idea.

FWIW, the ones I did are just text and pictures. I took screen shots of every step and then put them together into web page (using Nvu) and uploaded them to a geocities. There are programs that will allow you to capture you screen as you do tasks. I have a friend who did some tutorials like this. If anyone wants links as examples, I'll dig them up.

Yep, I made tutorials with screen shots. I'll get to posting them soon, I am so sick right now! :ill:

Yep, I made tutorials with screen shots. I'll get to posting them soon, I am so sick right now! :ill:

(((Nicole))) I hope you feel better very soon! Take care of yourself and get some rest!

:hug::hug:

Sad

Glad you are feeling better

I read the tutorial - I never noticed the 'report' option before - until you pointed it out - or is it new? Please say its new - I am seriously worried about my memory these days!!

karen

Nicole I am glad that you are feeling better :). You did a great job on the tutorials thanks for all your hard work!

Karen I had never noticed it before either until Nicole posted the tutorials!

:blush: Yeah I was thinking "wait was that report thingy always there?"

Well, I guess the good thing is I never had to look for it in the first place! :P

Thanks a million Nicole! :flowers:

you all never noticed it....? I noticed it a long time ago...unless I'm just seeing things....or maybe I'm just that observent...or maybe because I almost clicked it once! LOL!!! But as far as I know it's been there for a while.....Nicole? lol! What do you say? How long has the Report button been there?