-Nicole-

Greetings, A Newbie Here

7 posts in this topic

I am new to this board and found it after another message board for survivors I belonged to seemingly just dissappeared. Whatever brought me here, I am glad to be here. I can remember the relief I felt when I realized that there were so many other people feeling what I am feeling and going through the same things. I look forward to networking with everyone here and being able to help and be helped.

I was raped about 5 1/2 years ago, although I have blocked the date out. I am trying to reconstruct a lot of the details as part of my healing. I was at a party with friends, and I was 18 years old he was 39 at the time. It was a man I knew who raped me, and someone I have now learned is a sexual predator, he did it to at least one other woman I know in a seemingly sick methodical manner. None of us ever filed a report, none of us admitted what had happened. He is still out there, somewhere, and I bet he is still doing this to young women.

The same year, earlier, I believe I was also raped by a man that I had just started dating. I never considered it rape, but after examining my feelings about the more obvious (to me) later attack, I realized that this first incident also fit the description of date/ acquaintance rape. I have not really acknoledged that one as much, possibly because I went on to have a decent (not really) relationship with the man. But for whatever reasons I am here to heal from all of my attacks.

I am married and have been for over 2 years, the events surrounding my wedding triggered the feelings I am only now expiriencing and allowing myself to feel stemming from the rapes, and other abuse. So I am having a rough time being married and I have been ever since the wedding. The last two yeare have been difficult. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and clinical depression, but I feel I am getting them under control. Talking to other survivors has been the best resource for my healing that I have found.

(((((Diamond)))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. :hug:

I am so sorry that you need to be here but i am glad that you found this group, please keep posting and know that we are here for you always..

(((Safe Hugs)))

Donna =)

Welcome :greet:

I am glad you found your way here :hug:

I am sorry for what happened to you :hug:

Butterfly :hug::throb::hug:

heylo and welcome to the boards :greet:

hope you find it a great help on your way to healing :throb:

((((Diamond))))

Welcome to the board hon. :hug:

Am sorry for what you went thru. Am gald you are here tho...

I hope you will find the support and encouragement here to help you in your journey towards healing.

storm.

:hug: Welcome to AS, I hope that being here will help on your healing journey .. :hug: