Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Andrea

Hello everyone. I just joined the other day. I spent some time looking through the different parts of this forum. I honestly don't know what led me here. I haven't thought about the things that have happened to me in years. As I was reading through the different threads and posts, I had to stop. I cannot believe the emotions that reading this forum has brought up. :unsure: .. I didn't come back for a couple of days because I was/am afraid of what emotions will surface. I thought I had dealt with the past, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

With that said, I am here and wanted to say hello! :wave:

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug::hug:

Sad

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug::hug:

Sad

Hi Andrea,

Just wanted to welcome you to AS. I understand what you mean about some of the threads bringing up unwanted emotions, but there are also some that are lighthearted and fun... I hope you get the most out of AS, and if you ever wanted to talk, I'm here to listen, and so are a lot of other people.

Take Care Hun,

C :hi:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

For years I didn't think or talk about what happened to me, then one day something triggered all those memories, thoughts and feelings to come out. It was then that I realized I couldn't ignore it anymore. That was about 5 years ago and I have come a long way since. I hope that we can help you along your healing journey.

Nicole :throb:

Hi Andrea- yes, sometimes being here can evoke some powerful feelings. There have been times that I've had to take 'time off' or limit my time. But overall it's been tremendously encouraging and healing. Most of all it's comforting to share experiences, to be heard, validated and understood... Welcome.