Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Pa Survivor

Hi everyone. I never really posted an introduction, so I'll post a short one. I'm Stephanie, 30 years old from PA. I am a survivor. I was wondering if there was anyone on the board from PA? I thought maybe someone nearby..where we could meet and chat..about our experiences..or anything, really. It's comforting to know that someone has shared a similar experience with you, even if you're only talking about the weather. So, on that note..is anyone from PA??

Stephanie

Hi Love, I'm not from there either just wanted to welcome you to AS and caution you to be very careful in meeting someone without knowing they're true nature.

PM me anytime ,K?

Blessings,"D"

:hug:

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is such a wonderful place for support. I Look forward to seeing you around the boards. I am sorry but I am not from PA either just wanted to welcome you. Take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

Hi Stephanie, I'm not from PA, but I'm also not FAR from PA. I live in New York City.

I do have to agree with determined1, though, and advise you to be careful with some of the characters you'll come across here - personally I've been lucky to meet only the finest of people, but you can't be too careful nowadays. In my opinion, it's far more rewarding to get to know folks before you jump into person-to-person meetings...so perhaps I'll see you in chat sometime!

Welcome to AS.

-Capulet

Thanks to everyone! I know all about internet safety and meeting people from the internet and all that entails. I would never meet someone without being comfortable..and public place..we all know the drill.

Capulet,

I used to live in Staten Island for 6 years and loved it there!! I loved the culture and diversity, but I believe PA is a nicer place to raise children. I moved back to PA 2 years ago to go back to school. I go to Misericordia Univeristy..sophomore in the social work program. I miss the city..but I think it's nicer for kids in PA. Where do you live?

Stephanie

quote name='Capulet' date='Sep 26 2007, 02:50 PM' post='262191']

Hi Stephanie, I'm not from PA, but I'm also not FAR from PA. I live in New York City.

I do have to agree with determined1, though, and advise you to be careful with some of the characters you'll come across here - personally I've been lucky to meet only the finest of people, but you can't be too careful nowadays. In my opinion, it's far more rewarding to get to know folks before you jump into person-to-person meetings...so perhaps I'll see you in chat sometime!

Welcome to AS.

-Capulet

Thanks Todlyn...

I know I got that email about not visiting for a while when I started my volunteer training at the R*pe Crisis Center was an omen of some sort...so I figured I better come back.

Yep Pittsburgh

River

Hi everyone. I never really posted an introduction, so I'll post a short one. I'm Stephanie, 30 years old from PA. I am a survivor. I was wondering if there was anyone on the board from PA? I thought maybe someone nearby..where we could meet and chat..about our experiences..or anything, really. It's comforting to know that someone has shared a similar experience with you, even if you're only talking about the weather. So, on that note..is anyone from PA??

Stephanie

Capulet,

I used to live in Staten Island for 6 years and loved it there!! I loved the culture and diversity, but I believe PA is a nicer place to raise children. I moved back to PA 2 years ago to go back to school. I go to Misericordia Univeristy..sophomore in the social work program. I miss the city..but I think it's nicer for kids in PA. Where do you live?

Stephanie

I'm actually IN Staten Island. I have to admit, I wish we lived in a more rural area - it's a nice enough place, considering it's one of the boroughs of the city, but I would have to agree with you, when you have kids, it's better where there's not so much clutter and traffic. Lately though, it's been horrible...they're building more and more houses and stores...pretty soon I imagine it'll look just as crowded as Brooklyn or the Bronx.

-Capulet

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am far from PA, but look forward to seeing you around the board :)

Nicole :throb:

I don't miss the clutter, violence or noise, Capulet, but I miss the diversity and culture. I don't get any of that in Pittston, PA. :(

Stephanie

hi yes im from pa ...i new to this site and trying to figure out ho to use it lol ..my name is patty

I used to travel through NJ when I lived in Staten Island..driving home to PA. I don't know what exit 114 is tho... :)

Glad you're here. :)