Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I Am New Here, Looking For .... ?

Pasionet

Hi, I am new here, I guess you can tell that by the title though, huh? I am 26, and ..... first time to write it or really even think it ....... am a victim of rape.

Ummm, a bit about myself now I guess ... I am married to a wonderful man, and have been for over 9 years, and we have 3 beautiful children together and I have a step daughter.

I was molested by my brother when I was younger, as far back as I can remember until I finally was able to stop it when he moved out when I was aroune 13 or 14. He was molested by my Dad, I found out YEARS later. In high school, I went to a guys house and was raped, but didnt realize it indeed was rape. But it was. Then this past Jan I went to a guys house and again was raped, and again didn't realize it was rape.

I searched out this forum b/c I am going to report it to the Women's Center in town on Thurs. I think this is the right thing to do.

But I just wanted to say hello :hi: , "show my face", I might write my story out soon. It does make it more real, and I keep telling myself it was my fault, or it wasn't rape, or maybe it didn't happen.

I've read alot of your personal life stories tonight. Many of them sound worse than what I experienced, but that doesnt mean mine wasn't rape. I'm more telling myself that than you all.

I will continue to read through the posts and try to find encouragament, and maybe offer some if I can.

Thanks for the forum, I really appreciate it already. I can tell there are lots of nice and understanding people out there. I hope when I post my story, I get the same responses.

Everyone have a great night!

Sleep tight :)

Wendy

Hi, I'm China. Welcome to AS. In your post you said,"

I've read alot of your personal life stories tonight. Many of them sound worse than what I experienced, but that doesnt mean mine wasn't rape." That is soooo good that you recognize that no matter what someone else goes thru what happened to you matters. It counts. Stay as strong as you sound darlin.

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but I am glad you found us. I was also afraid when I joined that my story wasn't "bad enough" to warrant support. The truth is there is no measuring trauma and pain, no scale, right or wrong, black or white. Your story is your story, it is significant to you and no one has the right to judge that or your feelings. It took me a long time to realize that. If you do decide to share your story with us, please understand that the story forum gets the least # of views and replies because it can be upsetting/ triggering for many. That doesn't mean you aren't being supported, just that others are taking care of themselves and their personal needs.

Nicole :throb: