Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everybody

SheShy

I have been lurking here for a while. I think I am ready to reach out. I was raped at 15 by somebody that I thought was a friend. For a long time I denied anything had happened. But little by little my world was crumbling. I felt so messed up but wouldn't admit why. Then I met this wonderful man that married me and has been there to hold my hand and wipe my tears. He helped me to see that I needed to get into therapy and deal with this. I wish someone would have told me it was gonna be this hard. Reliving all those fears and remembering all that pain I had bottled up hasn't been very easy. The worst thing is the feeling of loneliness. That is why I am here. I finally found a place where I'm not so different. Thank you so much for this safe place.

SheShy

Hiya Sheshy,

I think you're going to like it here. I am sorry that you need to be here but am sure hoping you'll find the support you need to continue your healing journey here. These are a fine bunch of folks who are very supportive and caring. Sounds like your husband is a great person, too!

:hug:

Ardatha

I hope that this wonderful place can help on your healing journey :hug:

:throb: hi sheshy and welcome to the boards

(((((Sheshy)))))

Im sorry that you have to be here honey, but i am glad that you found this group. :hug:

welcome to the board, please post as much as you would like, know that you are safe now, and not alone.

((((((Welcoming Hugs))))))

Donna =)

Welcome Sheshy:

So sorry that you had to come here. Yes, it is hard, but remember, before you started getting help, you realized your world was crumbling, and you started fighting for your life. You are so brave, and a survivor. This is a great place to come, just to know you're not alone, the people here understand what you are going through, and they are very encouraging. :throb: