Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I'm New And Frightened

Ray

Hello everyone, this is my first post and my heart is pounding. I don't feel terribly safe yet doing this. It's like maybe someone can look through the computer screen and see me sitting here. I think I must still feel pretty ashamed. I'm having therapy at the moment working through childhood abuse and feel I need more support, to connect with others having these experiences seemed a good idea although I'm struggling to read the other posts. I hope it gets easier. I hope I can support some of you too. Why is this so hard? I'm not a child anymore but I feel like one sat here! I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Well as time goes on hope I feel safe enough to share more of myself with you all.

Ray. :unsure:

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Ray,

welcome to AS. Although all of us here can relate to your fear, there's no need to be scared. This is a warm and wonderfull place. I've only been a member for about 1,5 months, and I am still a little scared sometimes. But it gets better... this place is filled with wonderfull people who share similar scars and fear, and therefor you will find tons and tons of support and understanding here, without any judgement.

As for struggling with other post, that too is very normal I think. I am very selective to what I read. I try to stay away from the "my story" forum for example, because it is still too hard for me to cope with all that. I have posted regularly here, but I still have yet to say a single word of what has happened to me...

Just take your time, read and post when you are ready.. when you are, we will be here to listen and support you.

I'm sorry something has happened to you that makes a place like this necessairy... but I am glad you found it and I hope it will be a great source of support for you on your journey.

Take good care

:hug:

Hanne

ps. post that may trigger usually have a warning *T*. This can help you to decide whether or not to read them.

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

Your words really hit home to me - I also feel like I am doing something in crediably wrong in being here and talking about what happened - and I had not thought about it in that way -

best wishes

karen

Hello Ray and welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I was also very scared when I first joined this board. Take your time and read posts in the different forums to get comfortable and accustomed to the board and our fabulous members. Post as you are ready. This is a supportive and non-judgmental place, I hope you feel comfortable here.

Nicole :throb:

Ray:

At one point and time each and every one of us were that individual sitting on the other side of that computer screen. Each and every one of us had to put our first post up on AS. Although it will be one of the biggest steps you take, believe me it is worth every minute of it. I havent been on AS all that long but even in the short time I have been there I have made friends, been able to speak freely without judgement and have gotten some great advice/help. We are all here for you. I am proud of you for taking the first step in posting.

It is difficult to read other posts on the site but it does get easier as you get to know people. At first, when I read some posts, I thought...yikes, my situation is nothing compaired to some of these individuals. You will learn real fast that not one person on here's situation is any more important, any more meaningful, any more powerful than your own.

I am glad you joined us and I hope as time goes by you will, like me, make friends, learn to trust but most of all learn to heal.

God Bless -

:hug:

Hi Ray I'm China.Welcome to AS.

RAY I truly understand what you are saying. I have felt the same way. I feel so small when I write about what happened, let alone have to talk about it in therapy. I dont think it really gets easier reading everyone elses posts but I DON'T FEEL ALONE and a lot of times that's all I need. Take care and know that I'm here if you need to talk. P.M. me if you need to. You RAY are N O T A L O N E .

Edited by 1(laya)heart

Hi Ray I'm China.Welcome to AS.

RAY I truly understand what you are saying. I have felt the same way. I feel so small when I write about what happened, let alone have to talk about it in therapy. I dont think it really gets easier reading everyone elses posts but I DON'T FEEL ALONE and a lot of times that's all I need. Take care and know that I'm here if you need to talk. P.M. me if you need to. You RAY are N O T A L O N E .

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::supportu::notalone::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

:hug: :hug:

Sad