Sign in to follow this  
Bridget

Greetings

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum & wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm 31 years old, and I was a victim of date rape in April, 2006. I never thought that something like that could happen to me. I've made a lot of progress in the past year, and I've been fortunate to have some incredibly supportive friends and family members. However, I still feel like I'm a long way from being "over" it, and I thought it would help to talk about my experiences with others who have been through the same thing.

After reading through some of the posts on this board, I'm struck by what an incredibly courageous group of individuals you are. Thanks in advance for your support.

Bridget

Yay! I am the first one to welcome Bridget! :hi:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I can totally relate to thinking that it could never happen to you. I spent a long time feeling that way and later denying the truth. Connecting with others on this board was the best thing I ever did in my healing. Knowing there were others who understood helped tremendously. I hope it helps you as much.

Nicole :throb:

Hi and welcome to AS

I hope you find what you're looking for here

take care of yourself

teazle

Welcome!

Im new to AfterSilence, but I wanted to say welcome also.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::supportu::notalone::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

:hug: :hug:

Sad