New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

First Time Here

Marty

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am happy to be here, but a bit nervous at the same time. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. I will be on as often as possible.

Marty

Hi and welcome to AS :hi:

I was nervous when I first got here too, but you will find that this place is safe and very compassionate, understanding, and supportive. you are not alone.

take care :console:

Thanks so much for the welcome. It really make a difference.

Let me share just a bit about myself. I grew up in India, the daughter of missionaries. I was abused primarily by our cook but also by other men as I got older. I first told someone about 10 years ago and went through intensive therapy to heal. Two years ago we had a speaker come to my church to talk about child abuse. I bought her book and started to read it but could not finish it. Now, two years later, I am back reading her book and realizing that I still have healing to do. I thought that I had finished all my work but my physical pains and anxiety are coming back. I think that maybe some new memories are getting ready to come. I still have large periods of my childhood that I just don't remember.

I am so grateful that I have a place to share my feelings. I know that I will find support and validation here. I have already seen so many inspiring and helpful things on the posts I have read. Thanks to all of you for being here.

:hug:

glad you are here marty. if you ever need someone to talk to i am always here for you. AS is such an amazing place to be. everyone is so supportive. hope you find AS as wonderful as i have. you will soon realize if you havent already how you are not alone.

Hello Marty, welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I can understand being nervous, I was pretty scared to "speak" for the first time in an online atmosphere like this one. Take your time and open up as you are comfortable.

Nicole :throb:

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug::hug:

Sad