Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time Here

Marty

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am happy to be here, but a bit nervous at the same time. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. I will be on as often as possible.

Marty

Hi and welcome to AS :hi:

I was nervous when I first got here too, but you will find that this place is safe and very compassionate, understanding, and supportive. you are not alone.

take care :console:

Thanks so much for the welcome. It really make a difference.

Let me share just a bit about myself. I grew up in India, the daughter of missionaries. I was abused primarily by our cook but also by other men as I got older. I first told someone about 10 years ago and went through intensive therapy to heal. Two years ago we had a speaker come to my church to talk about child abuse. I bought her book and started to read it but could not finish it. Now, two years later, I am back reading her book and realizing that I still have healing to do. I thought that I had finished all my work but my physical pains and anxiety are coming back. I think that maybe some new memories are getting ready to come. I still have large periods of my childhood that I just don't remember.

I am so grateful that I have a place to share my feelings. I know that I will find support and validation here. I have already seen so many inspiring and helpful things on the posts I have read. Thanks to all of you for being here.

:hug:

glad you are here marty. if you ever need someone to talk to i am always here for you. AS is such an amazing place to be. everyone is so supportive. hope you find AS as wonderful as i have. you will soon realize if you havent already how you are not alone.

Hello Marty, welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I can understand being nervous, I was pretty scared to "speak" for the first time in an online atmosphere like this one. Take your time and open up as you are comfortable.

Nicole :throb:

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug::hug:

Sad