Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm really new here. This is my first post and I'm a little afraid. I feel really alone sometimes because this isn't really something you can talk about with friends. I never new I could contact other survivors. I was sexually abused by my older brother. I went on for years after I started puberty. He's only two years older than me. I finally told Jan. 2 of this year. I haven't really seen or talked to him since. He could hate my guts for all I know. I'm in college now and the past two days I've been triggered by innocent social get-to-know-you-and-work-as-a-team games. They involved contact that was too close for my comfort and I didn't know how to tell the teacher that I wasn't comfortable. I think I just need someone to talk to whose been through what I have.

Welcome. You are in the right place. I know how difficult the first posting is. It took a lot of courage to share. I was raped in college, and had the same type of triggering circumstances. I had a difficult time coping and making friends in college because of it. You are in the right place, you have alot of people here who can listen and offer encouragement. Take care of yourself, :aswelcomesu:

Welcome. You are in the right place. I know how difficult the first posting is. It took a lot of courage to share. I was raped in college, and had the same type of triggering circumstances. I had a difficult time coping and making friends in college because of it. You are in the right place, you have alot of people here who can listen and offer encouragement. Take care of yourself, :aswelcomesu:

Thank you so much for welcoming me. It makes me feel so much better knowing there's someone that understands. God bless you. I hope you're doing well now. I'm a Christian and God has helped me heal tremendously. My counselor told me it's rare for someone who went through what I did and heal so quickly. I'm thinking about working with the sexually abused when I graduate. I haven't told many people though because they might ask questions. My brother, the guy that abused me, is coming home from military training for labor day. I haven't seen him for the longest time and I don't know how he feels about me telling. He's a bit unstable. So, if you pray, please remember me. God bless you and thank you so much for talking to me. I don't know who you are but I love you just the same. I'll keep you in my prayers. I've put your quote name on my prayer list. Thanks again. You're awesome!

(((((Faith)))))

If I were you, I would tell the teacher that I was uncomfortable and maybe special arrangements could be made to help you feel safer...It's worth a try...And as far as "What your brother feels about you telling", I wouldn't worry about how he feels about anything...He should be begging you for forgiveness in every breath that he is allowed to breathe...You just be easy on yourself, OK??? My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Broken1

Welcome. You're definitely in the right place. Thanks for joining all of us here.

The only thing I'd add to the other posts is that it is always alright to tell someone -- a teacher, a friend, whoever -- if you are not comfortable with the situation. You don't have to explain, and you don't have to feel guilty. You just need to take care of yourself, and be clear about what you need.

I think it's better to feel weird about saying you are uncomfortable than feeling weird because something uncomfortable or triggering happened.

Big hugs. Glad you're here. Take good care.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS :flowers: I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:hug::hug:

Sad

Edited by sadeyes22

Welcome Faith :hug:

Making that first post can be really tough, but I hope you feel okay now you have done it. Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

Take care - and look forward to getting to know you better :hug:

Kate x

:hug: hi faith, welcome to AS. I'm Paula and I am a CSA survivor too. You are in a sfe place here and we all support you.

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Paula :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

Hopefully, you won't feel alone for long. I can understand being unsure and scared, but this is truly a kind, compassionate and non-judgmental community. Take your time, we are here to listen as you are ready to share.

Nicole :throb:

:clap::hug::bighug::hi:

I am glad you found the strength to come forward especially when it is someone in your immediate family. Always remember you are stronger than you think. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send a message my way. I hope that you find comfort here in knowing you are not alone in what you have gone through. That there are people here who have been thru what you have and can be there, and when someone on here says I know what you are going thru it is actually the truth and that they are speaking from the heart.

Glad you are here. Welcome remember if you ever need to chat :chat: I am here