Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To This Forum Hello All!

Hi my name is Kellie! I am here cause i am tired of feeling so alone! I have a wonderful soon to be husband and two children. Outside of my home i do not really have any friends. I have cut myself off from life barely ever leave and when i do its late at night to avoid the public! My story is a very long one! But in a nut shell i was physically, mentally, and sexually abused from the age 3 to 22. <------(Sorry mistype) So many things in my life have happened and yes i am still here fighting. I am a survivor.

I would love to make some new friends. People who know exactly what i am going through. Its kind of mean to say but the friends i have made have not gone through what i have! I get a lot of fake sympathy. I do not want sympathy just want some people in my life i can talk to and relate to! Thank you for your time!

Kell

Edited by Hoplessmother

Woo-hoo! Way to be positive! :)

Welcome to AS!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! YOU ARE A SURVIVOR! YEAH! :hug:

:hug: hi Kell, welcome to AS. You will find there are a lot of people who can relate to you here, so you will be okay. Looking forward to getting to know you,

best wishes, Paula :luck:

Welcome to the AS community! :aswelcomesu:

I'm fairly new around here to, but I can already tell you... AS is a wonderful place and you'll find all the support in the world here. :notalone:

Take good care and stay safe,

Hanne

Welcome Kell! Trust me, I won't give you an ounce of sympathy. :P

You are a survivor, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Cliche, but you seem empowered like that. I'm sorry you've had it tough but I'm sure AS can be a good place to find others who understand. You won't find anybody who shares the same story as you-- but I think all of us feel the hurt in a similar/the same way. You arn't alone anymore! And good for you for reaching out and putting those isolating habits aside so that you can continue to heal.

Congrats on your fiance and children! You must be so proud :D.

Lots of love and support,

-Elle

(Favorite movie?)

welcome kell! :flowers:

i know what you mean, it is good to have people who understand and can relate.

take care and see you around!

laura

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kellie, welcome to After Silence :flowers:

Good for you on reaching out. I am sure you will find many friends and many people you can relate to here. Being here for nearly three years, I have seen so many people come so far and make many lasting friendships, sounds like just what you are looking for. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Nicole :throb: