Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Place Like This...

i didn't know a place like this existed. i have never been a part of an online "community" before. strange that because of what happened, i feel disconnected to the physical community (small town) that i have grown up in.

i still live in the same town where my abuse began and my abuser has quite a bit of influence and power here. in fact it has done nothing but grow and grow and grow. it is truly sickening. i suppose my disconnect comes from living in a place where he is revered and respected even though he should be dispised and in jail. i have really began to struggle with it all lately.

anyway, as i have read stories of tragedy and posts of hope, i think that maybe this is a place that i would like to try and process the mess of my past. i am so inspired and in awe of how brave and strong you all are. thank you for having the courage to share your story.

sincerely

Welcome!

It's funny...I always hated journaling, but posting on this site has helped me get some stuff out.(and I've only been on a few days). The people are very helpful too!

Sorry to hear your perpetrator is hidden behind a facade right now. That could change. Justice and truth could come about.

Glad you're here. You're courageous!

-jeffrey-

i have a very difficult time journaling too. thanks for the encouragement.

-paula-

thanks for the welcome

- laura

thanks so much for the welcome todlyn and jo! i truly appreciate it.

- laura

i didn't know a place like this existed. i have never been a part of an online "community" before. strange that because of what happened, i feel disconnected to the physical community (small town) that i have grown up in.

i still live in the same town where my abuse began and my abuser has quite a bit of influence and power here. in fact it has done nothing but grow and grow and grow. it is truly sickening. i suppose my disconnect comes from living in a place where he is revered and respected even though he should be dispised and in jail. i have really began to struggle with it all lately.

anyway, as i have read stories of tragedy and posts of hope, i think that maybe this is a place that i would like to try and process the mess of my past. i am so inspired and in awe of how brave and strong you all are. thank you for having the courage to share your story.

sincerely

Welcome Krystnme! This is indeed a welcoming and loving community, I'm fairly new here myself. It's nice to have online communities like this when there arn't a lot of resources at home. I'm from a small town too.

Thank you Krystnme, for having the courage to break the silence. The struggle may seem hard right now, but know that that is only the beginning of a wonderful healing journey. I'm glad you've given AS a chance to make some of that journey with you.

Post as you need to. Lots of hugs and support,

-Elle

...thank you elle for your note of encouragement. it

means a lot. :)

this is a new experience for me and i appreciate you making me

feel welcome.

:)

Hi Krystnme,

:luck:

You replied to one of my posts, and so I sent you a message. Read it when you can. :flowers:

:supportu:

You are very brave for sharing your story, there is no pressure to say anything that you aren't ready for. But as I quickly learned, we are All hear for you. And I am a very very good listener.

It isn't right that your abuser has self-acclaimed power in your town, it's horrible actually. I am so sorry that you must endure the burden of knowing that he is well-liked. But be strong and you will make it. I'm here if you want to talk. No pressure. I'm in the livechats a lot.

:youcanheal:

I am also new, but it's easy to find my way around now. If you want to catch me in livechat, you have to have posted 25 or more comments on threads. It's really easy to make friends here, and everyone is so nice. Take care and be kind to yourself.

:aswelcomesu:

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

Hi I am glad that you have found this site. AS is such a wonderful place to help with your healing. Everyone here is so supportive. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything at all. Take care of yourself I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:hug::hug:

Sad

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sorry for what you have been through, and that this person has so much power. The most important thing for you will be getting to a place where they no longer have power over you. You have made a big step by reaching out to others. I hope you feel comfortable here and that we can help you on your way!

Nicole :throb:

Welcome to AS

I hope you find much support and comfort here! Take care,

Melissa

Welcome to the AS community! :aswelcomesu:

I'm fairly new around here to, but I can already tell you... AS is a wonderful place and you'll find all the support in the world here. :notalone:

Take good care and stay safe,

Hanne