Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New To This Site!

Hello to all!

My name is Cyndi (aka Creator Of Art)

I am new to this website, I really do not know what to expect to get from this site, but I figured it was time I went with a different approach to my healing. I realized that the people I need to talk to about this stuff, are people who have been there and know what I am feeling, and what I am going through. I never told anyone about what happened to me, not my family, not my friends, nobody. I went through it alone, and it wasn't until I met my current boyfriend, and love of my life, Cody, that I finally made the first step and told him. He was very supportive and very compassionate, once I told him, it was easier for me to tell others, so I told only three other friends of mine that I can trust never to betray me. Then Cody finally convinced me to tell my family, and even though I am suppose to turn to them, I feel like I am being more critiqued and more under pressure from them, but not from my friends. I hope that this website will give me what I need to overcome this trauma. I am happy to become a member of aftersilence. I hope that I can call some of you my friend. I might need help finding my way around this website, because I am not very good at computers or technology in general. I feel great knowing that I can have people understand me. Thank you for this wonderful site! :blush:

Hello to all!

I am new to this website, I really do not know what to expect to get from this site, but I figured it was time I went with a different approach to my healing. I realized that the people I need to talk to about this stuff, are people who have been there and know what I am feeling, and what I am going through. I never told anyone about what happened to me, not my family, not my friends, nobody. I went through it alone, and it wasn't until I met my current boyfriend, and love of my life, Cody, that I finally made the first step and told him. He was very supportive and very compassionate, once I told him, it was easier for me to tell others, so I told only three other friends of mine that I can trust never to betray me. Then Cody finally convinced me to tell my family, and even though I am suppose to turn to them, I feel like I am being more critiqued and more under pressure from them, but not from my friends. I hope that this website will give me what I need to overcome this trauma. I am happy to become a member of aftersilence. I hope that I can call some of you my friend. I might need help finding my way around this website, because I am not very good at computers or technology in general. I feel great knowing that I can have people understand me. Thank you for this wonderful site! :blush:

Hi there Cyndi - and welcome.

gosh - telling yer family can be the hardest thing I reckon - and I'm not sure tis something I would always recommend. I might one day write a book called something like 'the sexual abuse in my family'.

I often joke my fam make jerry springer look tame. And my sister has a bumper sticker that says, 'my family are more dysfuntional than yours'.

Well - that having been said - it sounds like you might have a 'good' boyfriend.

To get my story out I write it - tho I might add - not in it's entirety.

Welcome !!!

Hello to all!

Hi there Cyndi - and welcome.

gosh - telling yer family can be the hardest thing I reckon - and I'm not sure tis something I would always recommend. I might one day write a book called something like 'the sexual abuse in my family'.

I often joke my fam make jerry springer look tame. And my sister has a bumper sticker that says, 'my family are more dysfuntional than yours'.

Well - that having been said - it sounds like you might have a 'good' boyfriend.

To get my story out I write it - tho I might add - not in it's entirety.

Welcome !!!

Wow! I did not expect anyone to reply THAT quickly to my post! Thank you! I am actually a bit shocked that the people on this site ARE as friendly as I expected them to be!

I do have a good home life, I just find it hard to talk to them about this type of thing. I get along great with my parents, and my older sisters and twin brother are very loving, I just think it is too... embarrassing (?) to bring up to them.

Yes, my boyfriend is an amazing asset to my life, he has been helping me heal with comforting words. I was so afraid to tell him at first, I thought he might want to break up with me, but he didn't. We are planning our life together, we plan on marrying when I graduate from technical college (if I even decide to go).

I LOVE BUMPER STICKERS!!! My favorite has to be, "if you lived in your car, you'd be home by now", I laughed so hard the first time I read it.

Well, I hope that book idea goes well for you, a dream come true I bet. Thank you again!

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS -

As to who to talk to and how to make friends - we are all here to listen and to be friends! But like many of us here you may well find you 'click' with certain people or feel comfortable in certain forums - but we are all here to support each other and there is always someone around to listen

best wishes

karen

I am slowly finding my way around aftersilence, I get a bit lost, but all in due time, I should be on my way to understanding what to click on and such.

Jaahda-- wow! You are a pubished author? That's amazing!

Dodo-- Thank you for the advice on the site.

Saltywaters-- Thank you for the welcome.

Angelic-- Thank you!

Welcome to AS

Here there is so much strength, and comfort to be had. There is never any pressure to share anything you are not comfortable with. I love this sight, it has made me many friends, and given me a chance to heal more than I could ever have done on my own. I hope you stick around, and I hope to see you around,

Take care,

Melissa

I know we already met in chat, but I wanted to welcome you here more officially. Welcome! And I'd love to call you friend. ;) Post as you need to, and we're proud of you for speaking up. I'd love to see any of your art sometime!

Lots of hugs and support,

-Elle

hi cyndi,

i am new to this site also! i too am inspired by the kindness of the people here.

i am so proud of you for telling your family. i cannot imagine how afraid you must have been. that is truly a courageous thing! my family still does not know. well, at least not officially. my mom once told me some things are "better swept under the rug". yikes.

anyway, it is nice to meet you. if you need anyting, i am here to listen and be a support.

- laura

Thank you guys! For all of your support. It takes a lot for me to get the courage to talk about it, and I know that it will be a lot easier once I do it more often. Again, THANK YOU ALL! :hug:

I know we already met in chat, but I wanted to welcome you here more officially. Welcome! And I'd love to call you friend. ;) Post as you need to, and we're proud of you for speaking up. I'd love to see any of your art sometime!

Lots of hugs and support,

-Elle

I would love to show you my art some time. I will take some pictures soon and attach them to a message and send them to you. First I have to find my digital camera... woops. =-)

:hug: glad you're feeling more at home now, You will make friends , I am amazed at the amount of people I've met since I joined in April!! Its a very safe, loving and caring group here.

take care, Paula :hug:

:aswelcomesu::supportu::youcanheal::notalone::loveas:

Hi I am glad that you have found this site. It is such a wondeful place for support. I look forward to getting to know you better. take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

Thanks sadeyes22! I really would like to get to know everyone on here, everyone is so nice! I post new topics every now and then. My profile is practically filled with things about me.

:flowers:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I hope that you can call many of us friends. This is a wonderful site full of kind, supportive non-judgmental people. I hope that you feel comfortable here and that it helps you in your healing.

Nicole :throb:

Hi Nicole, thank you for the welcome.

I have already made so many friends, and I feel very comfortable sharing my thoughts and feelings with everyone because none of them seem to judge. I really like your avatar!!! Very sensuous; and feminine. I love corsets, they make the wearer feel very beautiful and womanly. :wink: