Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Made An Account Today

I am a 36 year old man. I am a survivor of sexual molestation and rape when i was a lad between 6 and 14 years old. I was referred here by the professional I am seeing to help me deal with 22 years of holding this inside while it ruined 2 marriages and several beautiful courtships. I am not the worlds best communicator, but we all need to start somewhere. I know I am not alone, and I know that the stuff that happened to us is varied as is our reactions to it. It is the coping mechanisms and after experiences and recovery I am interested in discussing, if anyone is willing. I would be happy to discuss it openly in this format or by email if you dont want to make things public.

I hope I can forge some great relationships, because i feel vulnerable and scared, like I just came out of the proverbial closet.

As is always, your humble servant

B

"through my rage I see with clarity, I'm damaged goods yet still i breathe.

Know that very soon one day, the bell will toll on you and we the children will feel no grief."- Wyldecard "unsolicited"

:flowers: Hi B, welcome to AS. I'm Paula, also a survivor of CSA. I know how difficult it is to open up, but here is a very safe , supportive place. Share as much or as little as you like.

Hope you find peace and healing here.

best wishes, Paula

Welcome!

I hope you find everything you need here, and make some lasting friendships. See you around,

Melissa

Welcome to After Silence :)

You have taken a huge step in reaching out and beginning to talk about your experiences. There are many different forums here for you to share your story if you wish, to share feelings related to aftermath, relationships, well being etc... We also have a protected forum for men that only men can access. You can send a message to any of the moderators for the password to that forum. I hope you enjoy being here and find what you need.

Nicole :throb: