Clem

Thank You For Welcoming Me Here...

...and for being so open and honest about a sensitive subject. I am truly grateful to have this refuge to come to. It's a lifesaver...truly. I am a 50 year old person who was born female, but I think of myself as a male (not going to have surgery tho). I have a B.A. degree in psychology and worked as a counselor for almost 8 years before starting a family. I am the mother of two children and a homemaker.

I was sexually abused by my father the whole time that I was growing up. Both my parents were alcoholics and my mother also abused me.

I have rarely liked to talk to people about these issues, because they often get very defensive and it's just too painful and embarrassing to hear their "feedback". They can't handle "personal" issues, they say. Oh well.

My point is: THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE! Again...this forum is a real lifesaver for me.

I hope that I can be an asset to this community.

Clem from NYC

You rock Clem. I'm glad you're here!

Welcome to AS hun

i hope you get the support that you are looking for here and also the courage to open up and share your story with us...

we support you hun!

JT

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

:hug: Welcome, Clem, good to have you with us. :flowers:

Welcome!

I'm glad you reached out on this subject as well! We all appreciate your thoughts!

See you around,

Melissa

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

This is definitely a good place for you to talk about the sensitive issues you have found yourself unable to elsewhere. The board is wonderfully supportive and our members are non-judgmental and empathetic. I hope you enjoy being here and that it helps you.

Nicole :throb: