Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

5 Weeks Ago And Counting...this Is Tough

:) Hi everyone,

I've recently joined this site and I am finding it very comforting so far, on the posts everyone seems so warm and empathatic! I was recommended to join by my therapist, and here I am lol.

In short, my incident (I can't say the word yet sorry) happened on June 10, 2007 and since then my life has been a definite rollercoaster. Only this past week I have started to have random memories of things that may have happened in my childhood....if you know what I mean (and I can't say that word either) and just remembering those things is very unsettling. I will share my story at some point, but I am not ready yet.

Still trying to grasp the concept that what I think had happened during childhood happened, and still trying to move on with my life after "the incident"...this is really hard just thinking about it makes me upset and scared, I have to stop now.

If you read this, thank you for at least reading, I appreciate it.

First, welcome to AS and I'm so glad you were told to come here. It really is a beautiful place here on the boards. Everybody is extremely kind, and it's nice. You realize that you're not alone. Perhaps one of my favourite quotes on these survivor sites is "1 in 3 is not alone!" How true is that?

Second, you're strong enough to have come as far as you have already in your first post. Don't worry about rushing it. We're all always here and will be here for you when you're ready. Some of us have shared our stories little by little, but just "updating" the same thread when we're re-focused and okay. Some of us just tell it all out in one big splurt. Everybody here, as you said, is highly empathetic and very understanding.

No one expects anything of you here, and it's very nice. All they excpect is peace amongst us, and it is so definite here.

:hug: <-- if okay

welcome to AS

There is no pressure to share your story, but you most certainly are welcome to. Take you time, there's no need to rush into anything. I'm so glad you found this site. Welcome!

Take care, see you around,

Melissa

So sorry things have been rough for you - hopefully you will find some peace here. This is a lovely place to gain support from those who have been through similar things.

So, welcome and feel free to share with us anything on your mind. :)

:flowers: Hi and welcome to AS. You are in a very safe, caring place here, so share as much or as little as you'd like.

Take care,

Paula

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sorry to hear what happened to you recently and that you are recovering memories from childhood. That can be so scary. You have made a huge step by seeking therapy and by finding this community. As you have already seen, it is very warm, welcoming and supportive. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Nicole :throb: