Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time Sharing

Im 36. Im married and have a great family. I was abused by a family friend when i was 13. He was 30. Now, Im a sex addict, spending time in chat rooms and having sex with lots of people. Im always safe, but I need sex all the time. My wife doesnt know, and I would NEVER risk telling her.

SO, here I am, a sex addict, but I dont know if thats just a cop out or not. Im confused. I feel REALLY guilty about this, and wondered if I should even come on here. After all, whats more dangerous than a sex addict hanging out with other people that could be the same way.

Im 36. Im married and have a great family. I was abused by a family friend when i was 13. He was 30. Now, Im a sex addict, spending time in chat rooms and having sex with lots of people. Im always safe, but I need sex all the time. My wife doesnt know, and I would NEVER risk telling her.

SO, here I am, a sex addict, but I dont know if thats just a cop out or not. Im confused. I feel REALLY guilty about this, and wondered if I should even come on here. After all, whats more dangerous than a sex addict hanging out with other people that could be the same way.

Am I a freak or something? People keep looking at my post, but no one is saying anything. I know there are FAR more serious issues here, but is anyone like me?

:aswelcomesu:

I don't think this is uncommon at all. There are many things we all share as the result of being sexually abused. This one is hard to talk about.

I will respond more on this in your other post.

I'm glad you found us and I hope it can be a help to you.

Welcome here. :)

My response has been the total opposite of what you describe here. I don't think that you are a freak though. If you would be, than so am I. I think everybody responds in their own way.

Jo

I am so glad you guys replied. When people look at your post, and then dont reply, it makes you, or at least makes me feel like a freak.

Welcome to AS,

You are NOT a freak. There are many different reactions to being abused, although I am not a sex addict, I have met some people that are (stemming from abuse).

Welcome to AS! There is so much support here, I encourage you to stick around.

See you around,

Melissa

:flowers: welcome, you are not a freak. We all relate to the various problems we have from been abused/assaulted. If affects each individual differently. I hope you find healing and peace here and I welcome you.

Take care, Paula

:flowers::flowers::flowers: Welcome to AS......Iknow you are not a freak, before working with a "T" ,I to used sex as a way to escape my memories and sinse of worthlessness......There is hope.......Gdog

you're honestly not a freak and its good that you were able to come on and post what you did because i know its hard to post to begin with so that was a brave and positive step. welcome to AS and i hope you get the help and support you need and desere here

forever