Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Had Enough

Hi, feel very vulnerable on here, and pathetic, i am a 34yr old mother of 3, and have been existing for most of my life trying to be normal, i was sexualy abused by my uncle consistantly on a wkly basis for 5 yrs and have been raped 3 times, i cannot sustain a normal relationship, i have been in my relationship for 4 yrs but am now at the point i need to leave, i feel very alone and get no suport, just dont want to be here any more.

Welcome to you!

I guess most of feel like that alot of the time, which is why you have come to the right place! My personal experience of AS is that I have finally found a place where I can go, whether to share good news, or to try and express my feelings (however negative they may be), and the people I am talking to have experienced something similar and are non-judgemental. Knowing your not alone can help a great deal, and this is a great place of reflection, hope, support and comfort. I hope you find this too...

Good luck, and feel free to message me if your feeling down,

Hugs to you and your kids,

Claire. x

Hi,

Welcome to AS! You will find that you are not alone here. A lot of us can identify with where you are at the moment. One thing I can tell you for sure is that you are not pathetic. The after effects of sexual abuse are difficult to overcome. I too have spent a lot of time trying to be "normal" and failed. This only makes you human. You are right to start the process of dealing with the abuse. It isn't easy but much better than trying to pretend it never happened.

Please know that you will receive a lot of support here. There are many wonderful people who understand.

I am glad you found us! :hug::hug::hug:

Hello

Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know, I am new here also and have found some wonderful people already. It is scary at first but it does lesson. Your not pethetic, reaching out does make you feel vulnerable but don't think your pathetic.

I hope you find much support here :)

:hug: Hi, welcome to AS. You are very safe here and you are not pathetic in the slightest. We are all here for you with lots of support . I am a survivor of CSA so I know what you're feeling. take care and stay with us....Paula

just wanted to say hi and welcome to as - youre honestly not pathetic at all though and even though the reasons behind it arent good ones im glad youve joined this site - everyones really friendly and supportive and are here for you in any way can be :aswelcomesu:

Hi, I hope you find the support and acceptance you are looking for to help you feel strong again. There is not one survivor out there who is pathetic...thats including you! We have coped with pain that a lot of people will never understand or feel themselves. You are stronger than you think :hug:

Edited by thomasina1979

Hi Lostsoul, welcome to AS. I agree with the others ~ you are in no way pathetic! It's so hard to keep going sometimes and it's okay to feel vulnerable. I'm sorry you've been through so much.

I hope you find the support you need here,

Take care, Reyzl :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sorry you are struggling so much, please know you are not pathetic. I hope you feel comfortable enough here to get out some of the feelings that are bothering you and that you find the support, compassion and empathy you need and deserve.

Nicole :throb: